from the History of WEstmoreland County 1882 bio book -
William Weaver The now venerable William Weaver, of Cook township, was born in Somerset County, Pa., Sept. 18, 1809.His grandfather was William Weaver, a native of Germany, and a minister in the German Reformed Church.He emigrated to America when a young man, and died in the early part of the present century in Sewickley, Westmoreland County.His father was also named William.he was a millwright by trade, and married Mary Aukeny, daughter of Christian Aukeny, of Somerset County, Pa., where he located and engaged in milling.In 1812 he removed to what is now known as Weaver's Mill, in westmoreland County.Here he spent the remainder of his life.there were fifteen children in his family, thirteen of whom are still living. William is the fourth child, and was about three years old when his father settled here.His opportuities for obtaining an education were very limited.He learned the business of farming and the milling trade, and after his father's death, in 1828, he purchased the mill and land belonging thereto.He was married Sept 7, 1837, to Jane Grove.They have five children, - Mary, married to L.N. Phillippi, resides in Kansas; Jacob G., married to Sarah J. Hood, is engaged in the milling business at the old homestead; Margaret, married John W. Phillippi, and lives near Ligonier; Willim C. is engaged in the manufacture of buggies in Somerset, Pa; Lewis A. is a merchant, and resides with his father. Mr. Weaver holds the important local office of school director, and during George Ritner'sadministration was first lieutenant of the Donegal militia. He and his wife have long been members of the Pleasant Grove Presbyterian Church.Mr. Weaver has held the office of elder in that organization for more than thirty years.He has lived a quiety, useful life, and has the respect of his neighbors.