To the descendants of the STONEBRAKER/PINER pioneer family of Lake Co., CA: Here is a guide to your Stonebraker Ancestors.
William M.(S)Stonebraker was born 12 July 1827 in Spencer Co., KY to John Dietrich Stonebraker and his 3rd wife Rebecca Griffith. William moved with his parents and family to Bullitt Co., KY in 1829, then on to Lincoln Co., MO in 1832.William M. Stonebraker married Frances Mariah Holmes on 6 Apr 1848 in Lincoln Co., MO and went to the California Gold Fields on the honeymoon. They appear in the 1850 census of El Dorado Co., CA as "miners" but in the 1852 CA State census of El Dorado Co., they are listed as farmers. Before 1860 they moved to Napa/Lake Co., CA where they were pioneer pear growers in the area. When his favorite hunting spot at "Stonebraker Glade" was claimed by a homesteader, William acquired land high in the Sierra Mountains ofLassen Co., CA where he and his family often spent the summer to avoid the hot Lake Co., weather. In addition to his pear orchard, in 1882 he is listed as owning and operating a pork packing factory in Kelseyville, CA. Frances (Fannie) Stonebraker died on 17 Apr 1900, and William M. (S) Stonebraker died on 18 May 1903. (Although records give his middle initial as "M" his gravestone is incribed as "S").Both William and Fannie Stonebraker are buried in the Kelseyville Cemetery in Lake Co., CA. Their children were:
1. Sarah Frances Stonebraker, b.- 14 Jan 1853 probably in El Dorado Co., CA. d.-19 Aug 1929. m. George Piner 27 Apr 1870 in Lake Co., CA. She is buried in the Piner Plot at the Kelseyville Cemetery in Lake Co., CA.
2. Nancy Ellen Stonebraker, b. - 6 Oct 1854, probably in El Dorado Co., CA, d. 26 Sep 1949 and is buried in the Stonebraker Plot in Kelseyville.She married 1st William D. Akers on 17 Nov 1875 in Lake Co., CA and 2nd Andrew Starr about 1882.
3. Nevada W. Stonebraker, b. - abt 1857 possibly in Napa Co., CA. He married Mrs. Minerva P. Lane on 29 Apr 1878 in Lake Co., CA.His latest found record is in the 1880 census of Lassen Co., CA.
4. William L. Stonebraker, b. - June 1860 in Napa Co., CA. He married 1st Dollie Cook on 7 Mar 1883 in Lake Co., CA. Dollie died 22 Mar 1886 and is buried in the Stonebraker Plot at Kelseyville. William L. married 2nd - Katie B. ______ abt 1894.His latest found record was in the Lakeport area census of 1900 Lake Co., CA.
5. David B. Stonebraker, b.- 1 Mar 1862 in Lake Co., CA,He died on 23 Sep 1878 in Lake Co., and is buried in the Stonebraker plot in the Kelseyville Cemetery.
6. Laura Lee Stonebraker was recorded at age 3 in the 1870 census of Lake Co., CA in what is her only known record.
Other burials in the Stonebraker Plot at the Kelseyville Cemetery of Lake Co., CA are:
William Jasper Cook, 1879-1886, a farm hand on the Stonebraker Farm, he was the brother of Dollie Cook, William L.'s 1st wife.
Nathan G. Stonebraker b.- 9 Mar 1843 in Lincoln Co., MO, d. - 23 Oct 1862 in Lake Co., CA. He was the son of William M. Stonebraker's brother David, and Fannie's sister Eloise Holmes Stonebraker who were then residing in Shullsberg, Wisconsin.