This is retyped from a document that was given to me by a family member.No one in the family really knows where it came from or who the author is, but we all agree that it appears to be correct.Where I fit is in under #2, I am David Granville Pletz, my father is Granville Houser Pletz, son to Granville Ray Pletz, son to Joseph R Pletz.
1. Margaret Keys Parks, daughter of James and Mary Evans Keys, was born April 22, 1847, near Pittsfield, Illinois.Her mother with two brothers and one sister moved to Logan County, Illinois, February 1865.On February 24, 1869, she was married to Robert Parks, son of Robert and Mary Little Parks.They spent the first twenty-eight years of their married life on the old home place, one-mile southwest of Beason, Illinois, and raised their family of nine children.
· Minnie Orpha
· Lylda Elnora
· Amos F
· James H
· Robert Lee
· Margaret Mae
· Lewis Roy
· Carlos Andrew
In 1897, they bought a farm of 160 acres two miles east of Lincoln, where they might have better school advantages for rearing their children. In 1908 owing to the failing health of Mother Parks,, they moved to their late residence, 326 Pekin St., Lincoln, Illinois.On January 27, 1912, she passed away after a life of long devotion to her family.Father Parks in his loneliness lived only a few years after and passed away November 8, 1916.
2. Minnie Orpha Parks, eldest daughter of Robert and Margaret Keys Parks, was born April 14, 1870, and was married July 23, 1890 to Dr. Frank C, Houser, born March 20, 1858, son of David and Elizabeth Evans Houser.One daughter, Margaret Elizabeth, was born March 29, 1896.She married August 1, 1917 to Granville Ray Pletz, son of Joseph R. and Daisy Lewis Pletz.Margaret and Granville did their part in the World war.Granville volunteered in heavy artillery, and was sent April 26, 1918 to For Hunt where he was held during the duration of the war, training recruits.He received his discharge and returned home February 29, 1919.At the same time, Margaret held a responsible position in the United States Fuel Administration Building, in Washington DC, in the Mail and Telegram Department.These were wonderful, not-to-be-forgotten experiences for them.
3. Lyda E. Parks, second daughter of Robert and Margaret Keys Parks, was born December 2 1872.She is a graduate in music of Lincoln College.
4. Amos F. Parks, son of Robert and Margaret Keys Parks, was born October 14, 1875.His wife, Florence Smith Parks, daughter of Wiley and India Pollard Smith was born December 21, 1879.They were married December 7, 1898.Their children are:
· Ruth India, born August 19, 1905
· Mary Margaret, born July 14, 1907
· Robert Smith, born July 29, 1912
· Amos Delmont, born July 14, 1917
5. Pearl Parks, third daughter of Robert and Margaret Keys Parks, was born September 29, 1877.She is a graduate of Lincoln High School, 1896, and Northwestern Dental School in 1902.Since that time she has successfully practiced her profession in her own office in Lincoln, Illinois.She and sister Lyda reside in the later family residence at 326 Pekin St. Lincoln, Illinois.
6. James H. Parks, son of Robert and Margaret Keys Parks, was born June 14, 1879.He was married December 30, 1903 to Pearl Houser, who departed this life April 2, 1913.She was the daughter of Frank and Retta Roby Houser, was born September 7, 1884.Their children are:
· Mildred Mae, born March 2, 1904, died September 16, 1904
· Robert Lee, born January 1, 1911
James H. Parks was married January 29, 1914 to Lucille Miller daughter of Adolph and Geneva Jane Burrows Miller.She was born March 6, 1886.Their residence is on the old family homestead, one-mile southwest of Beason.
7. Robert Lee Parks, third son of Robert and Margaret Keys Parks, was born July 2, 1881.He had almost completed his course in Lincoln High School, when he was stricken with peritonitis, and died August 4, 1990.
8. Margaret Mae Parks, fourth daughter of Robert and Margaret Keys Parks, was born April 20, 1883.She was married November 6, 1907 to Arthur Vernon Brown, son of Horace and Ellen Null Brown.Their children are:
· Margaret Ellen, born May 20, 1911
· Eleanor May, born April 6, 1917
For seven years they lived near Tobias, Nebraska.Having sold their farm there, they purchased a farm three miles south of Waynesville, where they lived until November 1919, when on account of Mr. Browns health, they moved to their present residence at 108 Pekin St. Lincoln, Illinois.
9. Lewis Roy Parks, fourth son of Robert and Margaret Keys Parks, was born January 26, 1885.His wife, Myrtle Duff Parks, daughter of James William and Edith Pegram Duff, was born April 12, 1888.They were married December 29, 1909.Theirchildren are:
· Edith Harriet, born October 2, 1910
Their residence is on the family homestead, two miles east of Lincoln, Illinois.
10. Carlos Andrew Parks, fifth son of Robert and Margaret Keys Parks, was born May 6, 1889.On September 3, 1912, he was married to Ruth Cleveland Gram, daughter of Evan P. and Olive Turley Gram.She was born February 5, 1893.To this union one son was born.
·Evan Wayne, November 24, 1914
I hope this was of interest to you.