some further informations on the/my Pleiss-family in Stetten/Heuchelberg... When I first visited Stetten in 1995, I only knew, that my grandfather (which I have never seen) was born there. Later I had the possibility to work with the parish-register and I also went to the "Hauptstaatsarchiv" in Stuttgart to look for older documents. It seems, that many Pleiss-families in Germany and in the USA have their roots in Stetten; and they all must have common ancestors... (there certainly are relations to the families of Mike P., M. Baumann, Th.Binder; perhaps also to the family of Juanita Pleinis).
The part of my family tree concerning the Pleiss-familiy (direct line):
3. Robert Eugen Pleiss *1895/Stetten 1923 oo Ida Wüst/Lupfig, CH 2 children 1924/1929
4. Christian Gottlieb Pleiss *1857/Stetten 1887 oo Justina Barbara Kachel/Stetten 4 children 1888-1895
5. Johann Georg Pleiss *1823/Stetten 1848 oo Carharina Barbara Hatz 5 children 1849-1862
6. Christian Adam Pleiss *1783/Stetten 1813 oo Catharina Pleiss 7 children 1814-1829
7. Johann Christian Pleiss *1754/Stetten 1781 oo Anna Catharina Brückmann 6 children 1782-1794
8. Johann Christian Pleiss *1721/Stetten 1749 oo Maria Margarete Bleymaier 8 children 1750-1765
9. Christian Pleiss *1694/Stetten 1717 oo Maria Sara Rau 9 children 1717-1739
10. Hans Jakob Pleiss *1656/Stetten 1680 oo Catharina Schilling 10 children 1680-1702
11. Georg Pleiss * before 1638/Stetten 1652 oo Anna Christina Sammet 5 children 1653-1671
12. Jerg Pleiss ???? ???? oo ????????????
In the archive I studied some documents of the 15th and 16th century on Stetten (and the neighbouring villages). Members of the Pleiss-family appear e.g. in the taxation register of 1473 (Albanus Pleiss, Hannss Pleiss), in the recruiting lists of 1583/4 (Clauss Pleiss, D. Pleiss)... I also tried to find out, where the name "Pleiss" comes from. There could be a connection to the river "Pleisse" in the eastern part of Germany (Leipzig) - but up to now I have no evidence of this hypothesis...
I look forward to your answers and supplements...and I hope for many new relatives...