4. George Renick being allowed to settle on land on the Susquehanna between Sohataroe and Paxtan along with his sons, William, Thomas, and Robert as well as his son-in-law Robert Polke.
5. Most early deeds for Robert Poage have listed Robert Poage and Elizabeth his wife. The last deed for Robert Poage does not mention the name Elizabeth. Presumably she has died. It also looks like Robert Poage signed the deed as the handwriting is different from the writing of the deed and it is signed Robert Poock.
6. The will of Robert Poage is also signed differently. Probably by him and it is Robert Poack.
7. Robert & Elizabeth Poage and John Poage (brother) had land on Cedar Creek (southern Rockbridge Co.) and the next creek or two down from Cedar Creek is Rennicks Run (northern Botetourt Co.) which would put them in vicinity of each other.
8. John Poage (Robert Poage's brother) did settle the estate and he lived in the southern part of Rockbridge Co. which would have made it easier to take care of the appraisment of the estate.
9. Check into the book "The Rennicks of Greenbrier" as it has some of this info in it.
10. Have never seen proof of Elizabeth the wife of Robert Poage being a Preston.
11. As for the many variations of the name, there are numerous spelling variations. In original documents names can be spelled three or four times in the same document.
Do you or anyone else care to comment on my findings?