Poitras FAMILY Leo was the eldest in the family. Leo married a full-blooded Indian girl.They had no children.Leo passed away many years ago of what were described as “natural causes”.
Albert and his wife, Lena, are also both deceased.Albert served in the Army in WWII and then lived in Regina most of his adult life where he owned his own barbershop. Albert and Lena had one daughter, Olive, and four grandchildren.
Norman never married and he also served in the Army in WWII.He died in his 40’s when he was struck by a trainin Regina.
Frank never married.He, too, served in the army.He passed away in about 1966 from cirrhosis of the liver in Regina.
Nora passed away around 1980/81 in the Pasqua Hospital in Regina.Nora had several children, all of whom became wards of the province due to her inability to care for them.She lived most of her adult life in Moose Jaw and died of either throat or lung cancer.
Edna also lived most of her adult life in Moose Jaw
Agnes lived mostly in Calgary and Regina.She lived for many years with Leonard Kronk.Agnes and Leonard had four daughters, two of whom are deceased.
Doris ...little to nothing about her.
Eddie lived in Moose Jaw all of his adult life.
Modeste (called Matt) also served in the Army and spent several years in England, where he met and married, Vera, his “war bride”.They raised three boys, one of whom still lives in England, before returning to Canada.Matt passed away many years ago, in his 50’s.
Victor was born in 1926.He joined the Canadian Army at the age of 17, where he spent his career until he retired in 1972.At that time, he returned to live in Lebret, where he served three terms as Mayor before passing away of lung cancer in 1984.Victor had two children and four grandchildren at the time of his death.
Zachary was born on the Red River Settlement in Manitoba.He was of Saulteaux/Cree descent.At some point, he moved to North Dakota where he lived until he moved to Lebret.He was a stone mason and he helped build the Sacred Heart Church in Lebret which continues in use today.I believe the church was built in 1926.