Reply to William Washburn , from direct email to me.
William, you bring up a very good question about the birthdstes of these two. I have been trying to reconcile it for years now. However the written records speck for themselves. 1.the church records of the evangilest Lutheran Church in Bas Durkheim, Germany , dated from the 1660's. show all the bvirth dates of his brothers and sisters but not His. However this record Shows His 2nd marriage to anna vea Pickel, in 1704. Joseph was a son of this narriage.
2.So I use the date of mattheus's birth from his own declaraation. when he landed in New York in june of 1710. He stated that he was 46 years of age. which would put him back to 1664. thius dated corrolkates with his fathers dates including marriages.
3. As for Joseph Rainbolt birth date. All therecords are vwey clear on this[ 1730 ]
4. So i Have problems with it to. futhermore, Joseph had a son born in 1711 in new York. first name not known at this time.
5. I know that maney others shoe Mattheus born at a later date. but they are not correct. Becuase they don't corolate with any other info.
6. I have a very extensive time line hostory of the movements of Matthues. That I have Been working on for years, with some gapd still in it.
7. I am stii try to figure out how he got the NC in the first Place. But the fact is that he did. because of Joseph's birth date and place.
8. Matthues spent most of his life in NJ and also died there. date unknown.
9. Known time line for Matthues as of this date is:
10. 1708Bad Durkheim, germany 1709Holland andBlackheath camp in England 1710New York Habor and east kamp upthe hudon river 1711West kamp across from east kamp andthjen to albany NY to fight with the british agianest the french.
1712back to weat camp 1714- 1716 to Nine mile Run on the Raratian River in NJ.
11. Now through all this I have to put him , not only in Nc but virgina too. Virgina explains his first son. I have givin you the very short form. Which some folks don't like. It wouls take me hours to give you the full version.
12. All the stated info above has Written back up from the time periods.
13. You or anyone eise that can help on this problem would make my day.If I ever finish my book, GENERATIONS BEYOND THE HORIZON ] the life and times of the Palintine Rainbolt's in America.
14. Chapter one is on Matthues Reinbold, but is only in verey ruff draft form. I am not a writer, so it makes it even harder. From Mattheus thru John Rainbolt is a Long story with many holes in it still.