Descendants of Nathaniel Redd (c. 1748 - 1824 Washington PA) should be aware that Y-DNA testing is being arranged to test and trace back through Nathaniel Redd and on beyond for hundreds of years.We plan detailed extended-marker tests down from two different sons of Nathaniel through the leading genealogical testing company with the biggest databank.
The study purposes are to
- confirm and establish the dna line back through Nathaniel Redd,
- establish a clear dna profile that other descendants can match to their own dna results in order to confirm and validate their own line back to NR,
- determine whether his line is related through a common ancestor to other Redd lines both in America and across the ocean,
- determine whether NR's line comes from Germany or from England, as different writers have variously claimed,
- see where in the old country his line came from so further research can focus on that area,
- locate cousins both here and in the old country,
- exchange information with other NR descendants,
- identify and verify NR's parents,
- trace NR's line back through the immigrant ancestor and as far beyond as possible, and
- stimulate and direct further NR research efforts in the most productive areas.
Other NR descendants who don't have the Redd surname can still participate and support the study by sharing in the cost.
Anyone who is interested and would like to participate and learn the significant findings, is invited to email me at
(Please be sure to take the x's out of the address when you send the email.)