0. Seeking the parents, siblings, family background of the CHARLOTTE BEAN (b. ca 1820 in Maryland) who on 14 November 1840 was married to Jacob Washington RICKETTS (b 1 June 1803 in Montgomery Co MD & d 11 September 1893 in Montgomery Co MD). The couple's three children included Edward T. RICKETTS, (b January 1850 & d after 1910; m Leanna MORRIS ca 1875 in MD), Laura Victoria RICKETTS (b 25 May 1841, d 9 August 1914; m Henry Clay Ward [1834-1890] on 26 December 1859 in Montgomery Co MD), and Mary Geneva RICKETT (b 8 February 1859 in M; d 20 May 1912 in Rockville MD; m Leonidas Leander RICKETTS [1857-1924] on 6 August 1878 in Rockville, Montgomery Co., MD).
1. The Sentinel (local newspaper) reported that on 1 September 1893, Jacob RICKETTS, aged 96, died at the home of Dr. E. Henning Etchison in Gaithersburg, MD. Jacob was the father of Laura V. RICKETTS and the Grandfather of Dr. Etchison’s wife, Charlotte A. WARD.
2. Jacob RICKETTS and Charlotte BEAN were married in Montgomery County, MD, on 14 November 1840.
Source: Dodd, Jordan, Liahona Research, comp.. Maryland Marriages, 1655-1850 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004.
3. In the 1840 US Census for Election District No. 4 (Rockville), Montgomery Co., MD:
Also listed in the 1840 Census for Election District #4, Montgomery Co. MD (in addition to Jacob RICKETS) and possibly related are these Heads of Household:
4. In the 24 June 1850 US Census for Medley’s 3d Election District, Montgomery Co., MD:
RICKETS, Jacob, 45 M, Overseer, b MD
RICKETS, Charlotte, 30 F, b MD,
RICKETS, Laura V., 9 F, b MD
RICKETS, Mary, 3 months F, b MD
CONNELLEY, Sarah A., 5 F, b MD
5. In the 4 September 1860 US Census for Election District #4, Rockville P.O., Montgomery Co., MD:
RICKETTS, Washington, 57 Male, Farmer, b MD
RICKETTS, Elizabeth, 35 F, b MD
RICKETTS, James W., 11 M, MD
RICKETTS, Edward, 10 M, MD
RICKETTS, Rachel, 8 F, MD
RICKETTS, Ann M., 7 F, MD
RICKETTS, Elizabeth, 5 F, MD
RICKETTS, Laura, 3 F, MD
In the Slave Schedule of the 1860 US Census for District 4, Montgomery Co., MD, Jacob RICKETTS is listed as owner of an 18 year old Black Female.
6. In the 15 June 1880 US Census for the Gaithersburg/Clarksburg District, Montgomery Co., MD:
WARD, Henry C., [Head], WM 45, Merchant, Married, 3xMD
WARD, Laura V., Wife, WF 29, Keeping House, Married, 3xMD
WARD, Charlot, Dau, WF 15, Single, 3xMD
WARD, Carson, Son, WM 12, S, 3xMD
WARD, Allice, Dau, WF 10, S, 3xMD
WARD, Mary G., Dau, WF 7, S, 3xMD
WARD, Frederick C., Son, WM 2, S, 3xMD
RICKETTS, Jacob W., Father-in-Law, WM 78, Widowed, 3xMD
[Jacob Washington RICKETTS is the widowed father of Laura V. RICKETTS, now Mrs. Henry C. WARD.]