Mary Ringer marriage to Thomas Caton Somerset Co PA
I believe Mary Ringer is the wife of Thomas Caton who lived in Somerset Co PA. during the early 1800's. I believe their daughter, Catherine CATON Studebaker Faidley is my ancestor.
Can anyone verify this is the same Mary Ringer who married Thomas of Somerset Co PA?
I have posted other Coshocton Co Caton's on GenForum.
See CATON Family Genealogy Forum type Cosh. or Coshocton in the search box.
Please contact Jane Curci firstname.lastname@example.org
JOHN RINGER OF AMWELL TOWNSHIP WASHINGTON COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA
JOHN RINGER was born about 1783, parentage and place of birth unknown.
On 4 April 1807, Aaron Sibbet and Elizabeth his wife of Amwell Township, Washington Co., PA conveyed to John Ringer of the same place, a 238—acre tract of land on Ten Mile Creek, ‘it being the tract called “Big Bottom” granted by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to Joseph Eddy by Patent dated 9 Jul 1788 in Book 13, Page 273.”
The purchase price was $2,856. By deed dated 29 Apr 1813, John Ringer and Susanna his wife of Washington Co., PA conveyed to John Gardner of same for a consideration of $1,428, 119 acres or “ one—half of plantation where Ringer and Gardner now live on waters of Ten Mile Creek.”
And by deed dated 4 Mar 1819, John Ringer of Amwell Township, Washington Co., PA conveyed to John Gardner of same for a consideration of another $1,428, "for the sole use and benefit of my wife and children, the residue of that plantation whereon Ringer and Gardner now live, situate on Ten Mile Creek in the Township and State Aforesaid...”
About 1803, John Ringer married SUSANNA GARDNER, perhaps a sister to Adam, George and John Gardner, parentage unknown.
The John Ringer family removed between 1820 and 1830 to the vicinity of Chili, White Eyes Township, Coshocton Co., OH where John died 3 Jan 1834 at the age of 50. He was buried in the Mt. Zion Lutheran Evangelical Church Cemetery at Chili. Susanna died between 1840 and 1845, and is probably buried at Chili also.
Children of John and Susanna (Gardner) Ringer
i Catherine Ringer b 12 Jun 1804, bap 19 Aug at Bethlehem Lutheran & Reformed Church in Bethlehem Twp., Washington Co., PA, d 22 Jan 1874 at Vinton, Benton Co., IA, m Henry Christy.
ii John Ringer b 30 Aug 1805, bap 6 Oct at Bethlehem Church, Washington Co., PA. “Gone to Texas”? by 1845.
iii George Ringer b 3 Feb 1807, bap 9 Aug at Bethlehem Church in Washington Co., PA, m Nancy Marsh b 1810.
********iv Mary Ringer b 3 Feb 1808, Amwell Twp., Washington Co., PA, d 3 Apr 1883 White Eyes Twp, Coshocton Co., OH, bu CATON Cemetery, m Thomas CATON.
*****v Elizabeth Ringer b i Aug 1810, Amwell Twp., Washington Co., PA, m 4 Jul 1833 in Coshocton Co., OH to Charles CATON.
vi Jacob Ringer m Jane Akeson (Alceson) in Tuscarawas Co., OH on 22 Sep 1836, d without issue by 1845.
vii Joseph Ringer m Susannah Fickus on 20 Jun 1850 in Coshoc— Co., OH, no further information, probably
viii Michael Ringer b. c1822, m. Sarah Ann Headbery on 17 Oct. 1843 in Coshocton Co., Oh, probably moved west after 1850
1. Washington Co., PA, Deed 1—T—663 recorded 2 May 1807.
2. Washington Co. Deeds 1—Y—289 and 2—D—159.
3. Coshocton Co., OH Deeds 7—829 and 19—419.
4. Gaylord B. Castor, Castor/Custard, The Progenitors and Other Kinsfolk of Henry and Nancy Castor, in 2 Volumes (El Paso, TX: Pvt. Pub., 1984) Vol. 2, pp 124—126.
5. Personal files shared through letters to compiler from Michael Barr, 865 Watson Lane, Wichita, KS 67207.
6. Ralph E. Rainey, Wallace A. Rainey and Jessie I. Ringer, The Ancestors, Descendants and Allied Families, (Carlyle, IL: Pvt. Pub., 1985) p 309. Mr. Rainey has connected this John Ringer Family, through speculation, to the Michael Ringer, Jr. family of Northampton Co., PA——See Chapter II, Note 12. The naming pattern of the children of John of Amwell lends credence to this speculation. The mother of John Ringer of Northampton Co. was Catharine, and he had brothers George, Jacob and Michael, and his father was Michael.