George Washington Roark came to Louisiana with two young sons (disputable, may have been a daughter) some time between 1830 and 1850. He died and was buried somewhere in north central LA near Rosefield, La. At that time Catahoula Parish.
One of the Sons, Amtus McGee Henry C. Roark moved farther west and was never heard from.
The other son George Washington Roark stayed in Catahoula Parish, La. and married Elizabeth (Betsy) Brown of Catahoula Parish. The Brown home place is a few miles from the Rosefield Church.
Children of George and Elizabeth Roark were:
1) Newton Jefferson Roark, Catahoula, LA
2) christopher columbus Roark, Catahoula, LA
3) George Washington Roark, Catahoula, LA
4) James Monroe Roark, Catahoula, LA
5) Martha Roark, Catahoula, LA
6) Jane Roark, Catahoula, LA (SARAH?)
7) Mary Roark, Catahoula, LA
8) Jane Elizabeth Roark 1/07/1852-7/13/1889 (Not on the original sheet, came from Jim Lewis)
1) Newton Jefferson Roark was married three times, 1 Josephene Zeagler, 2 Leona Williams, 3 Hattie Wheeler
Children or Newton and Josephen:
Dieman Roarkm/ Sallie Cook
Newton Roark m/1 Quennie Roark 1st cousin m/2 Mattie Brown
Duncan Roark m/ Agnes Smith
Richard Roark m/ Lena Francis
Children of Newton and Leona:
2) Christopher Columbus Roark Married Elizabeth Albritton (Sister to Theodosia Albritton)
No Children were born to Christopher and Elizabeth. both buried at Grayson, LA.
3) George Washington Roark married Theodosia Jackson Albritton about 1881. George born December 6, 1859 Catahoula, La. Died August 29, 1941 Alvin, Texas. Theodosia A. Roark born November 2, 1859 Catahoula, La. died March 6, 1934 Alvin Texas.
Children of George and Theodosia:
Luna Webster Roark- july 5,1882 Catahoula, La. November 21,1939 Alvin, Tx
Cary Elucious Roark- Dec. 28, 1883 Catahoula, La. Dec 1, 1960 Rosefield, La.
James Leon Roark- Aug 16, 1885 Catahoula, La. April 21, 1951 Alvin, Tx
Andrew Jackson Roark- Jan 15, 1887 Catahoula, La. Jan 15, 1939 Alvin, Tx
Thomas Walter Roark- July 1, 1888 Catahoula, La. July 10, 1953 Alvin, Tx
Ella Elizabeth Roark- Dec 8, 1889 Catahoula, La. July 10, 1984 Houston, Tx
Jesse Jackson Roark- Mar 12, 1891 Catahoula, La. Feb 28, 1962 Houston, Tx
Hansford Eugene Roark- Feb 7, 1893 Catahoula, La. Oct 7, 1965 Priddy Tx
Dovie Leola Roark- Oct 25, 1894 Catahoula, La. June 23, 1900 near Rosefield La
JOHN RUFUS ROAEK- Feb11, 1896 Catahoula, La. Nov 2, 1949 Alvin, Tx (My great grandfather)
Ada Roark- Feb 28, 1898 Catahoula, La. April 17, 11983Houston Tx
Earnest Roark- Sept 2, 1901 Catahoula La. June 30, 1936 Albany NY
George and Theodoaia Roark's First home was in the old Aimwell community on Bersely Creek (Catahoula Parish) they moved from there to Rosefield, where most of the Children were born. On December 4, 1913 they moved to Alvin, Texas in a covered wagon.
4) James Monroe Roark m/1 Mattie Crawford. m/2 Mary McVay
Their home was at Nickel, La. between Jena and Rosefield (LaSalle Parish in 1910)
Children of James and Mattie:
Quennie Roark m/ Newton Roark
Ezra Roark M/ Molly Eubanks
Beaulah Roark m/ Tom Caldwell
Monroe Roark Jr. M/ Malica Williams
Clarence Roark m/ Ella Smith
Carry Roark m/ Bill Haskins
John Roark m/ Lessie Pool
Clara Roark m/ William Taylor
Children of James and Mary:
Genie Roark m/ gladys Hodges
Allen Roark m/ Marie Barnett
Rosa Roark m/ Samford (Buddie) Andrews
Eddie Roark m/ Audie Flowers
All children were born in Catahoula Parish
50 Martha Roark married Johnny Watson:
Lucious Watson m/ Susie Wilson
Lillie Watson m/ Monroe Ford (1st cousin)
60 Jane Roark married Alex Ruben Ford:
Riley Ford m/ 1 ?Carpenter, 2 ?Masters
Charles Ford m/ ? gore
Andrew Ford m/Mittie ?
Mary Jane Ford m/1 Arthur Schrivner m/2 Stringer
Parolle Ford m/ Monette Andrews (1 son)
willie forddid not marry
Monroe Ford m/ Lillie Watson (had two sons)
7) Mary Roark married Henry Ford (no kin to Alex Ford)
Lizzie Ford m/ ? adams
? Ford m/ James Monroe Smith
this is all that is on that paper I keep talking about. chances are you have all this information, It may not be accurate. I do not know who compiled the info.
Elizabeth M. Gish