My wife Kathleen Kelly Spicer's 4th Gr Grandfather was Felix Robillard.
Felix and his wife Domatilda "Matilda" Rochbrune emmigrated from French Canada to Alexandria, Jefferson County, NY about 1850.
I have record of ten children in their family.
i. Esther Robillard m. Noel Paiement
ii. Julia A. Robillard b. Sept 1830 Canada d. 26 Aug 1901 in Syracuse, NY. She married Lewis Martin. This is my wife's direct line.
iii. Felix Robillard b. abt 1835 Canada m. Malinda Unknown
iv. Sarah Genevieve Robillard b. Aug 1836 Canada d. 06 Oct 1907 in Oswego, NY. She married Augustus Capron.
v. Martin Joseph Robillard b. ca 1839 Canada d. 29 mar 1887 in Oswego, NY. He married Josephine Barbeau.
vi. Esther Robillard b. ca 1843 in Canada. She married Charles Brigham Ingalls. Died in Oswego, NY.
vii. Mary Louise Robillard b. Dec 1846 Canada d. 12 Aug 1924 Oswego, NY. She married Nelson Bocco.
viii. Malinda Amanda Robillard b. 1851 Alexandria, Jefferson County, NY d. 04 Feb 1894 in Oswego, NY. She married Lewis Napoleon Brown.
ix. James Robillard b. May 1852. He changed his name to james Rebeor. Lived in Oswego, NY.
x. Charles Augustus Robillard b. mar 1855 Alexandria, Jefferson County, NY d. Abt 09 Nov 1933 Oswego, NY. He married Mary Magdalene Brown, sister of Lewis Napoleon Brown. This would be your great grandfather I deduce from your posting.
The Robillard family came over from France to French Canada (Montreal area) sometime around 1670.
Here is the direct Robillard line down to our Felix.
1. Claude Robilard b. abt 1650 France d. 24 may 1719 St Sulpice, Quebec, Canada. He married Marie Grandin b. abt 1650 in L'Archeu Rouen, Normandy, France d. 31 Oct 1708 Hotel Dieu, Montreal, Canada.
2. NicholAS rOBILLARD B. 1 Aug 1684 Champlain, Quebec, Canada d. 11 Aug 1751 Ste-Anne-de-Bout, Quebec, Canada. He married Marie G. Cecire b. 31 Jan 1692 lachine, Quebec, Canada d. Sept 1773 Ste-Genevieve (Pierrfonds), Quebec, Canada.
3. Joseph Robillard b. 17 Jun 1723 Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, Quebec, Canada d. 1821. he married Marie Josephe Ranger b. 30 Mar 1730 d. 1829.
4. Joseph Robillard m. 25 Nov 1775 Marguirite LaLonde at Ste-Genevieve, Bertier, Quebec, Canada.
5. Basile Amable Robillard b. 1785 Ste-Genevieve (Pierrfonds), Quebec, Canada d. 10 Aug 1807 Ste-Genevieve (Pierrfonds), Quebec, Canada. He married marie Genevieve Cousineau
6. Felix Robillard b. 18 Jul 1809 in Canada d. 08 Apr 1873 Oswego, NY. He married Domatilda Domicile Rochbrune. This is where I started the story at the beginning of this posting.
Felix Robillard and his wife Domatilda Rochbrune Robillard are buried in the Oswego Rural Cemetery off Rte 104 west of Oswego, NY on Cemetery Road, just west of SUNY Oswego.
I have more information on the Oswego area Robillard descendants and related families but their is too much information to supply in this posting.
Gary A. Spicer 503 Whedon Road Syracuse, NY 13219-1819 (315) 468-1798 (Home) (315) 436-9372 (Cell) firstname.lastname@example.org