I need your help. I had a childhood best friend by the name of ROBERT SALDANA.
We both lived at the intersection of 4th and Lime Street in Riverside, California back in the very early 1970's.
We were inseparable. However my family moved to Arkansas around 1978-79 and after a few years I lost track of him completely.
I have childhood pictures of him if anyone thinks they know him I can email a picture to you.
Here is what I remember of ROBERT SALDANA:
1. Phone number: 684-4555(sorry cannot remember area code)
2. Fathers name: RAUL SALDANA (RAUL spent a lot of time in the pool hall. He was an excellent artist and sculptor. He was always sculpting somthing out of clay, mostly heads and bodies of people if I remember right.
3. Mothers name: ROSA SALDANA (she worked for a clothing cleaners I think & mad the best flour tortillas I ever had. She also had a thick accent and mispronounced MILKSHAKE as MILKSH*T which ROBERT and I would laff about. She was a wonderful lady and I hope she is still living because I would really like to talk with her again.)
4. Sisters name: DIANA MEDINA (different father I think, she also went by DIANA SALDANA as well. DIANA was older than ROBERT by several years and just a couple years older than me. She was bigger than me and could beat me up too, don't laff please.)
5. Dogs name: CHA-CHA (white sort of poodle-ish dog. ROSA used to bounce the dog on her lap and sing to it. Don't laff, these are things I remember foldly.
6. Mutual Friends of Ours:Dennis Wilson, John-John Gonzales, Bill Bordauex, Kevin Alexander.
7. Other Memories of ROBERT: He like to change the words to tv commercial songs in order to make them funny. The one that stands out in my mind was about the cleaner PINE-SOL. I won't repeat it here as it would not make any sense to anyone but ROBERT and myself. He also made jokes about his backside (buns) being "potatoes", (don't ask).
Please, if you can help me I would really like to talk with my friend again. And I would be so grateful. Thanks for reading all this stuff.Vince W.