Some of you know that for the last three years I have been working on a genealogy book on the Sale and associated families.
The book is now complete and is available for purchase.You can view the book at
This is a 430 page genealogical photobook covering the Cheek, Sale, Sparks and associated families originating in England in the 1600s, arriving in VA/MD, settling in North Carolina, and expanding outward to Texas, Indiana, Illinois and points West.These families are primarily located in the Yadkin-Surry-Wilkes County, North Carolina areas. (All 5,000 names are indexed, and family Coat of Arms included where available).
Associated Family Sections include (# of pages in parenthesis): Bauguess (4), Benge (2), Blackburn (5), Blackwell (2), Brooks (4), Chambers (28), Cheek (81), Cook (4), Creekmore (1), Crenshaw (1), Curry (2), Elmore (7), Graves (1), Gray (9), Gregory (2), Harris (14), Henderson (3), Hemric (1), Jarvis (5), Lewis (1), Logan (2), Martin (3), Mock (2), Money (10), Pardue (4), Parks (10), Royal (14), Sale (40), Seagraves (3), Sparks (74), Stimson (10), Swaim (2), Triplett (2), Ussery (1), Wagoner (1), Webb (2), Wellman (24)
Highlights in Lore and Legacy:
* US Senator Robert Byrd (born as Cornelius Calvin Sale, Jr.) and photos with four Presidents (Kennedy, Eisenhower, Nixon, Carter)
* The Elizabeth Sparks' travels with Daniel Boone during an Indian raid
* The founder of Maxwell House Coffee, Joel Cheek
* Sir John Cheke, tutor to King Edward VI, Secretary of State to Lady Jane Grey and immortalized by Paradise Lost author John Milton
* Stephen F.Sparks' meetings with General Sam Houston
* Elizabeth Wellman's testimony in the 1692 Salem Witchcraft Trials