Looking for info about the family/ancestry of my gg grandparents Christian & Agusta Dorothy Schlecter.This was a second marriage for both.
About Christian Schlecter: He was a mason in Rochester.Lived in Batavia and on Almeroth St. and Clinton Ave. S. in Rochester. b. Mar 1833 Hesse-Cassel, Germany d. bet Jun1900-1909, Rochester, NY m. (1) Elizabeth in Hesse-Cassel.She died bef 1875 in New York. Immigration abt 1867 They had at least 4 children: 1. Frederick Schlecter b. Jan 1863, Hesse-Cassel d. aft 1910
2. Eliza/Elizabeth b. abt 1865, Hesse-Cassel d. aft 1870
3. Christine Schlecter b. Sep 1869, New York
4.Libbie Schlecter (it appears they had 2 daughters named Elizabeth, so it's possible the first died bef 1873) b. abt 1873, New York d. aft 1880
About Agusta Dorothy (Maiden Name Unknown): b. Dec 1845 Germany d. aft 1911 Rochester, NY m. (1) Mr. Meyer in Germany or New York.He was born in Germany and died before 1875, probably Rochester, New York. They had 2 sons: 1. William A. Meyer b. abt 1870 Rochester, NY d. bet 1941-1952, Rochester m. Louise W. abt 1900.She was b. abt 1870, NY, d. aft 1952. They had 1 daughter: Aimee A. Meyer, b. abt 1907 in NY, m. Felix K. Moffitt (1907-1953), and had 1 son, Kenneth, b. abt 1929
2. Anthony M. Meyer b. Jan 1872, Rochester d. bet 1930-1941 m. Maude abt. 1911.She was b. abt 1871 in Canada.No children I know of.
After the death of their spouses, both Agusta and Christian were unable to care for their children alone, so they children were placed in an orphanage in Rochester.They met while visiting their children and got married abt. 1875. Their children were: 1. Frank A. Schlecter b. Jul 1878 Rochester d. aft 1930 m. Eva M. abt 1900.She was b. abt 1877 in Rochester, d. aft 1930
2. Minnie Schlecter b. Aug 1881 Rochester d. aft 1941 Rochester m. George Thomas James They had one daughter, Ruth.
3. Ella Schlecter b. Jun 1883 Rochester d. abt 1931 Rochester m. Oscar Hettig They had one daughter, Dorothy K., b. abt 1914 in Rochester.She m. Paul Waldies.
4. Emma Schelcter (my g grandmother) b. Mar 19 1886 Rochester d. Jun 7 1941 Newark, NJ m. Arthur Drew James (brother of Minnie's husband, George) They had a set of triplets (2 stillborn, 1 died shortly after birth) and one son, Kenneth (my grandfather).