Well folks, it's 3 years later and I have found 98 WILLIAM Scurlocks and at least 6 BLACK William Scurlocks.
We need to pool our information together to sort out these Williams.They are numbered so we can make sure we are talking about the same one.Please review the list for YOUR William but also for those that might have died or lived in your state.Maybe, if we can collect the information from our state we can identify more and more.
Some William's appear to be duplicates but I kept them separate as I have no proof.
My email address has changed from the post 4 years ago.it is now bellsouth.netYou can click on my name above and get it.See SEPARATE list for the so far IDENTIFIED BLACK scurlocks.
If you have an obit, Marriage, Birth, Death, Pension or Land Record I would very much appreciate your sharing or sending it to me on or off list.
(1) William B. b. 1689 Wales who was ALSO suppose to be son of Thomas Scurlock.Died 11/3/1740?Wife was Ann Tooney.Is this the same guy—2 wives as below???Birth dates are off.Not likely to name 2 son’s William unless one dies?Can anyone explain if they are the same person?
(2) William b. 1705-1710 Wales (#6 in Corley-Neals book) wife Margaret Reeves?He was son of Thomas of Richmond Co.Any proof?
(3) William b. abt 1728 Spotsylvania Co, VA….not referenced in Corley Neals book?) but is reported to be the son of Margaret Reeves and William (1705-1710) above.
(4) William Scurlock (Seurlock in ML of 1800) b. Abt 1756 to Apphia Taylor.NO Children.
(5) William Scurlock b. 1762 Spotsylvania Co, VA what happened to him?Reported to be the son of Joshua or John Joshua. Joshua was greatgrandson ofOriginal Thomas of Richmond Co.Any proof of this William?Virginia Wills and Administration 1632-1800 lists William Scurlock 1762
(6) William b. 1763 VA d. 1840 GA.Wives? Rhoda Simmons, Sally Humprhey?Does anyone have a copy of this Pension---The Pension Roll of of 1835.Vol 3, Southern States, Indexed Edition.This Wm is suppose to be the son of Joshua & Elizabeth “Bettie” Norman.He had a son William b. 1803?Anyone know and can prove where that son went?Wm 1763 at age 16 was suppose to have been the Rev War Solider per Presley Scurlock’s letter that Corley-Neal and others state has lots of problems with it.Some believe that this Wm was born in 1770 Hancock Co, GA and 1851 in Muscogee Co, GA????????????
(7) William b. 1786 NCWives Grace Long, Sarah Humphries Long.We have this WM 2nd marriage.Looking for the Marriage with LONG….probably in Henry, Patrick, Pittsylvania, Mecklenburg Co, VA or Stokes Co, NC prior to 1816.William is still in OH in 1844 but a woman has claimed him and put up a TS in DeKalb Co, TN as a man serving in the War of 1812….his name was Skurlock but since she couldn’t find the death of the one that is still alive in 1844 per a land deed….she’s convinced the one in TN is the one folks are claiming in OH but can’t find his actual burial site in Ohio.The one in TN would have died at age…almost impossible in the 1800’s. (see Wm of 1789)
(8) William b. aft 1785 parents are James Scurlock and Judith Norman.Any proof?Where did he go?Father from Spotsylvania Co, ????
(9) William b. VAMarried Wife b. NC has son John in 1802 in GA.(White) John dies after 1880 and is buried Beersheba Cemetery, Lowndes County, Columbus, MS.Who is William?
(10) William b. 1789 (calculated from 1850 Military Affidavit for Service in TN when he claims to be 61 years of age on 11/25/1850).This is from same person who claims he is the William b. 1786.Confusing 2 William’s???
(11) William A. Skurlock b.1789??? NC. 1874-75 DeKalb co, TN. Wife Mary E. Short b. NC
(12) Williamb. 1796 NC to Samuel & Martha Terry Scurlock .This name Disappears?????
(13) William b. 1803DAR 547651son of William & Rhoda Simmons?????
(14) Williamb. 1904? S/B 1804?Son of Rev Soldier in GA???????????
(15) William Henry b. abt 1811 d. MS?Wife Elizabeth Perry.Need proof.
(16) William R. b. abt 1817 SC or AL per Census? D. abt 4/1/1892 in Blodgett, MO.Wife Ann W. Burtin???? M. Saline Co, MO?Anyone related? Have proof?
(17) William Martin b. 1/25/1818?Laurens Co, SC?From Voyle Genealogy…drifted from place to place….can someone tell me more from Voyle Genealogy?
(18) William b. 10/20/1825 Williamson Co, IL possibly died 5/1891 in Union Co, IL????need proof of him and his parents.Wife was Burnett Butts??? Unproven parents are Thomas from TN & Jane.
(19) William b. 1826 TN (both parents from TN)M. Burnett J.(same as above?)He lived in Grand Tower, Jackson, IL in 1880 Census.
(20) William Scurlock b. 1852 from 1880 TN Census shows wife as Jane with her coming from AL and both are living in Jackson, TN in 1880 Census.4 children including one William b. 1879 in AL
The above 3 William’s sound like the same EXCEPT 1826/1852.IL, TN, AL are all in the picture….did someone get mixed up or are we not tracking one of the “dead end” William’s??
21. Williamb. 1829 -1886have proof OHIO.Has 2 wives.Have TS and other info.
22. WilliamH. 1830-1905 OH SP:Hannah Calhoun
WilliamHarrison 1830-1906.3 spouses? Same as above with Hannah Calhoun? Almarinda and Angeline.Need proof of Almarinda Marriage in IA.Have other 2 marriages.OH
23. WilliamDeTaliant b 1833 OH?-12/1907 MO.Need proof.2 wives? Was he a Sgt in the Cil War? S/o Joshua.Possibly died in Putnam Co, MO area.Need proof.
24. William ? Harrison Abt 1828-1850 IA.Need proof
25. William Lafayette b. 1/23/1834 AL d. 10/27/1912 Polk Co, TX. Buried:Holshausen-Darby Cemetry, Polk Co, TX .S/o Daniel Norman.Does anyone have DC or obit.
26. William Priestly b. 5/14/1839 ALd. 8/1/1861? Died about 20 on Dauphine Island?Someone else says he has a daughter Martha b. 4/17/1859 in Elmore, AL
27. Williamb. 1846-1874?S/o David & Mary.Need obit & proof of Birth
28. William b. 1849wife LillieWhere did he come from????TX???
29. William b. 1849 OH d. 1874 MONeed D & Land. Have TS pic & M. s/o David
30. William L. 1849 s/o Jackson Monroe In ALA.Need info
31. William M.B. abt 1850 MS d. aft 1880. Wife Lidda.Self emp--Dealer in Agri Imp per 1880 Census in Johnson Co, TX.Parents?Proof?
32. William Joseph 1852-1948 Sabine Co, TX s/o Capt William Scurlock (Alamo)
33. Williamb. 1855-1930 Died in Sioux City, IA.Need proof & obit
34. William J. b. 1855-1930Same as above?
35. WilliamM. Charity Norman 12/15/1875Frederick, FrederickCo, Maryland Does someone have this Marriage?Anyone know for sure which Wm this is?
36. William Callahanb. 1859-1892 OH.Have proof, is there a wife/ch?S/o Hiram 37. William H. 1859-1922 Proved.Sp:Ellas/o William b. 1830
38. Williamb. 1860-1914?????????????????????????Salem Cemetery
39. William b. 1860 d 9/1860 from 1860 Choctow, AL Mortality Schedule.Who were the parents?Reported 2 times.Once lived 2 months and once lived 5 months.Suspect they are the same.Died of Croup in AL.
40. William b. 11/4/1860 Johnson Co, IAd. 1886 .If proof, he was 26….did he have a family….was he out wondering around in MO?Son of Hugh & Eliza.Hugh from OH.
41. William Robert b. 4/19/1861 d. 10/17/1867 per Corley-Neal p. 51 age 6 s/o Daniel “Buddy” Scurlock
42. Williamb. 1863-1961 Need proof. OH (TS is George William?)Wife Alice.
43. Williamb.1868 MO-1925 OHNeed proof of Father Albert in MO to connect to Scurlocks. Descendents live in OH and don’t know his father Albert.Wife:M. Strait
44. Williamb. 1869 d. bef 1918 but where?What was his family?He supposeably is son ofTerry John Scurlock of TN? And IL?Need his DC and obit to place him definitely in a family line.
45. William b. 1870 d. 4/22/1947 or 1946.MO.Buried Greenwood Cem.Need proof
46. William b. abt 1870 d 1914.Buried at Salem Cemetery in OH.He lived in Piketon, OH in 1886 when his William 1829-1886 father died.Still need info from Pike Co…but we know this is FACT.
47. William Buwallis b. 1874 Dallas, AL? d. 11/20/1932 around Severe, AL s/o Samson Van Buren Scurlock who lived in AL.Need proof.
48. William H.b. 1875 d. 10/1/1876 1 yr. 2mParents were???????????????Gallia co, OH
49. William P.b. abt 1875 per Census.Wife Queena Cole.M. Cherokee co, TX?Later div?
50. William b. 1879(see above William 1825/1826) 1880 census living in Jackson Co, AL
51. William Claud b. 2/6/1880 Jay Co, OKd. 4/18/1932 OK .Who was his father?If someone has Voyle Scurlock Genealogy, maybe that will tell us.Wife: Rosey E. Carr
52. Williamb.1881-1966 McLean Co, ILLDon’t know who he is.SS 361-03-3591
53. William Edward b. 1881Lexington, McLean Co, IL d. 9/19/1966 McLean Co, IL.Probably same as above.Wife Ann.Need proof of his parents. Probably George Washington & Amelia Haner?
54. William David 1886 MO d. 2/1949.Jasper Co, MOs/o Richard.Need proof.
55. William Henry 1886 OH—12/18/1963 Need proof of Death & obit.
56. William JosephIIIb. 2/19/1887 TX d. bef 1992???Need proof.
57. William Darwin 1883-1926????Son of William DeTalient?D. Possibly Putnam Co, MO.Need DC, obit, proof.
58. William b. 1887 or 6/29/1889 d. 9/18/1963.MI.376-34-5035Issued in MI & d. in Mi Who is he?
59. William Henry b. 6/29/1889 OH d. d. 12/18/1963 Detroit, MIWife:Rosa Marie Snyders/of John Henry OH
60. William T.12/26/1890 IL?Ss card Iss FL d. 2/24/1966Res: Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, California93442Who is this?
61. William Stanley 1892-1977 OH.Need obit for any possible children.2 wives? PROVED him.His parents are James & Minnie.
62. William Ray 1/6/1893-d.???Who is this?Father Elza Scurlock Mother Mary Dupre OH
63. William1894-1972 died TNSSDI 299-01-0004
64. William b. 9/9/1894 OH d. 3/26/1972 in TN where?Wife Gettie Etta Rawls? Both buried in Maple Hill Cem, Portland Cem, TN.Any proof or obit? Son of who?
65. William Clarence “willie C”b. 6/9/1894 DeKalb Co, TN? D. 3/26/1972 Wife:Blanch Groves.Div.Is he the same as one M to Gettie Etta Rawls, above????Also Married Blanch Bradley?
66. William Bernas b. 1896 IL d. 1948.PROVED.Father Walter O.Need M lic
67. William Bernas b. abt 1915 d. after 1948.Need Proof.IL s/o the above.
68. William Bernas b. still living.Would like to contact him S/o Wm B. JR above
69. William Thomas b. 8/9/1904 d. 1/5/1959 Beaumont, Jefferson Co, TX wife Ruth.Son of Lois Corley Neal that wrote the book.Anything more about him in the book???
70. William Norman Priestly b. 7/12/1905 Bibb, AL d. 4/20/1968 where? Parents were Simon & Sudie.Any information?
71. William Lee 1906-1973 Dallas Co, MO. Need proof he is son of John Riley
72. Willie b. 4/3/1907 TN?D. 8/1987410-07-8708 Last REs:McClure's Bend, Smith Co, TN (also Carthage & Defeated)
73. Williamb. 9/4/1908d. 7/1960 461-36-6058Iss in TX
74. William “Willie” Richardabt 1908 Moss, Clay Co, TN.Died ???
75. William “Willie” C. b. Around 1909?Tn d. aft 1982…Around Smith Co, TN?
76. William b. 11/15/1910 d. 9/1993 Iss 370-50-6707Detroit, Wayne Co, MI48204
77. William Austin b. 3/22/1910 OK or ARK d. 3/14/1984CA.Modesto, Stainislaus Co, CA527 12 5875.He’s a veteran.Would like to know more.Merced District Cemetery, Merced, Merced Co, CASon of William Claud…maybe in Voyle Genealogy?
78. William b. 7/16/1911 d. 8/1983 Iss 494-18-9596 Last Res:Maples, Texas, MO65542
79. Willie Norman “bud”b. abt 1913 or earlier d. possibly AL.Wife:Flora Loyd Burdette
80. William b. abt 1920 d. aft 1992Wife was Margaret Gleckler in OH.They married in KY.Parents??? his death date?Children?
81. William Scott b. abt 1920 d. ???IA
82. Willie B. b. 6/24/1920 TN?D. November 01, 1983 Buried: Riverside National Cemetery, Riverside, Riverside Co, CAPlot: 11, 221
83. William b. 9/10/1921 MO d. 6/1985 488-20-0969TenMile, Macon, MO63552Was his wife Gertrude Sparks?S/o Harlan Blanc Scurlock?MO
84. William Robert 1922-1993 KYProved
85. William Thurman b. 6/14/1930 SS Card iss TN d. 5/12/1987 Res: San Joaquin, CA412-44-0735East Bakersfield, Kern, CA93305WHO?
86. Willie Ray b. abt 1932 probably still living.Would like to contact for reunion
87. William b. 2/19/1936 d. 7/1/1993 Iss.414-48-4712West/Nashville,Davidson Co, TN
88. William Harvey b. 1936 d.?Never married.Nashville?? Maybe the above William?Son of Thomas Gray.Need proof.
89. William b. 2/2/1948 ARK d. 6/2/1967 Lousiana Car Accident.Wife Sandra Hill.Probably son of Arch C.any info?
90. William David b. abt 1952Still living.Would like to hear from him for Scurlock reunion.Or maybe W. David.From MO or Kansas City area.
91. William Russellstill lving.
92. William Earl b. bef 1949.probably still living possibly in Memphis, TN?
93. William Scottb. 3/5/1955 d. 11/28/1996 Seattle, WAIss. 228-82-3924 in VA “Bank Robber”how does he attach to Scurlock tree?
94. William Brent. B. 1956 still living.Would like to find him for reunion.
95. William living in Columbus, OH….wife Anita.PROVEN
96. William Jonathan b. in 1970’s…probably living in KS…need to contact regards reunion
97 William “Randy” Scurlock d. bef 2001…………no other info.
98 William R. Scurlock living in Williamson Co, IL in 1861