We are hoping someone can help us fill in a lot of missing information in this SEALES family. We want to hear from anyone who can help identify the last names of "Louisa" and "Fannie" as well as others. Would also like to know when and where this James Seals was born. The modern day members of this family line spell their name SEALES but earlier generations may have spelled it SEALS. Thanks in advance for your help!
1. James Seals.
James married Louisa (Last name unknown).
They had one child: 2 i. Wilburn R. (1821-)
Family of James Seals (1) & Louisa
2. Wilburn R. Seales. Born on 16 Jun 1821 in Alabama.
On 7 Nov 1842 when Wilburn R. was 21, he married Elizabeth Ann Stracener, daughter of Michael Stracener (1786-1856) & Elizabeth Brashear (1787-), in St. Clair Co, AL. Born abt 1824 in AL.
They had the following children: 3 i. Samuel V. B. (~1843-) 4 ii. James (~1846-~1916) 5 iii. Lewis A. (~1847-) 6 iv. Jonathan (~1849-) 7 v. Elizabeth (~1853-) 8 vi. Jasper N. (~1858-) 9 vii. William E. (~1860-) 10 viii. Henry P. (~1863-) 11 ix. Mary E. (~1855-)
Third Generation Family of Wilburn R. Seales (2) & Elizabeth Ann Stracener
3. Samuel V. B. Seales. Born abt 1843 in Alabama.
4. James Seales. Born abt 1846. James died abt 1916 in Dierks, Arkansas.
James married Susan Jenkins. Born abt 1847 in Alabama. Susan died abt 1910 in Dierks, Arkansas.
They had the following children: 12 i. Charlotte (~1868-) 13 ii. Henry Clemons (1869-1964)
5. Lewis A. Seales. Born abt 1847 in of St. Clair Co, Alabama. Lewis A. died in Arkansas.
Abt 1866 Lewis A. married Frances I. "Fannie" unknown. Born abt 1845 in Alabama. Frances I. "Fannie" died in Arkansas.
They had the following children: 14 i. John E. (~1867-~1954) 15 ii. Mary E. (~1873-) 16 iii. William Elisha (1873-1948)
6. Jonathan Seales. Born abt 1849 in Alabama.
7. Elizabeth Seales. Born abt 1853 in Alabama.
8. Jasper N. Seales. Born abt 1858 in Alabama.
9. William E. Seales. Born abt 1860 in Alabama.
10. Henry P. Seales. Born abt 1863 in Alabama.
11. Mary E. Seales. Born abt 1855 in Alabama.
Fourth Generation Family of James Seales (4) & Susan Jenkins
12. Charlotte Seales. Born abt 1868 in Alabama.
13. Henry Clemons Seales. Born on 9 Jun 1869 in Alabama. Henry Clemons died in Roaring Springs, Motley Co, TX, on 8 Dec 1964; he was 95. Buried in Roaring Springs, Motley Co, TX.
On 2 Jan 1894 when Henry Clemons was 24, he married Mary Elizabeth Goss, daughter of Bluford Allen Goss Sr. (1852-1921) & Drucilla Artemissa Brewer (~1847-~1886), in Howard Co, Arkansas. Born on 27 Apr 1873 in Alabama. Mary Elizabeth died in Roaring Springs, Motley Co, TX, on 27 Apr 1946; she was 73. Buried in Roaring Springs, Motley Co, TX.
BIRTH & DEATH:Taken from her tombstone on June 10, 1998.
They had the following children: i. Della (~1896-) ii. Ola iii. Effie iv. Tula (1904-1923) v. Troy vi. Drucilla Artemissa "Artie" (1908-1993)
Family of Lewis A. Seales (5) & Frances I. "Fannie" unknown
14. John E. Seales. Born abt 1867 in St. Clair Co, Alabama. John E. died abt 12 Nov 1954 in Mena, Arkansas.
15. Mary E. Seales. Born abt 1873 in St. Clair Co, Alabama.
16. William Elisha Seales. Born on 4 Aug 1873 in AL. William Elisha died in Kermit, Winkler Co, TX, on 2 Jul 1948; he was 74. Buried in Roaring Springs, Motley Co, TX.
William ElishaSeales birthdate was provided by Alta (Seales) Edwards from a family Bible. 1880 Census indicates he was born in 1877. 1900 Census indicates he was born in 1878. BIRTH & DEATH:Born Aug. 4, 1873, died July 2, 1948; Taken from his tombstone on June 10, 1998.
ABT1894/1895 William Elisha married Tressie Viola Goss, daughter of Bluford Allen Goss Sr. (1852-1921) & Drucilla Artemissa Brewer (~1847-~1886), in AR. Born on 1 Jul 1874 in AL. Tressie Viola died in Lubbock, Lubbock Co, TX, on 3 Aug 1949; she was 75. Buried in Roaring Springs, Motley Co, TX.
1910 census said she had given birth to 8 children and 6 were living. Birth information for Ella, Florence and Beulah is unknown. They were apparently born about, or after, the 1910 census was taken.They aren't on the 1920 census. BIRTH & DEATH:Taken from his tombstone on June 10, 1998.
They had the following children: i. Walter (1896-1971) ii. James S. (1900-) iii. Bert Monroe (1901-1979) iv. Minnie Alma (1903-1956) v. George Homer (1905-1951) vi. Alta Lillian (1906-1991) vii. Ella (~1909-) viii. Florence (>1910-) ix. Beulah (>1910-) x. Mary Anna Belle (1911-1993) xi. Johnny Rector (1913-1992) xii. Eula Irene "Snookie" (1918-2002)