Can you connect to this???This George Sheesley was a son of J. George Sheesley b. 24Jul1791 and baptized at Wirth's Evangelical Lutheran Church (named after my ancestor, Johann Adam Wirth 1727-1806), Upper Paxton Township, Dauphin County, PA. This Sheesley family settled in that area very early...they were from Lobenrot, Wurtemburg, Germany.
George Sheesley b. 14Jul1827, Pleasant Township, Fairfield Co. d. d. 22Nov1910, OH, married Eliza Peffers ( b. 19Jul1832) on 10Oct1850 in Franklin Co., Oh; she d. 08Oct1850.George and Eliza are buried in the Peoria Cemetery, Mahaska Co., IA
8. Rovina b. 05Oct1828 in Pleasant Township, Fairfield Co., OH.She married to James Auld on 01Oct1863
9. Sally Sheesley b. 30Apr1830 in Pleasant Township, Fairfield Co., OH
Children of George and Eliza Peffers, Sheesley:
1. David Eli Sheesley b. 06Jul1851, Columbus, OH m. Margaret Mick on 29May1873 in Jasper Co. IAMargaret d. on 10Dec1926 in Alvo, NE; David Eli d. 09Jan1937, buried in the Alvo Brethren Cemetery, Alvo, NE. David and Magaret had children: Mary Rovina b. 11Dec, 1875, Sara Eliza b. 16Oct1877 in Pella, IA, Mattie Bell b, 21May1880, Cass Co., NE...she married to George Perry Cook on 07Nov1900.She diedon 22Oct1971 and buried at Lincoln Memorial Park, Lincoln, NE, Stella May b. 03Sep1882, GeorgeAllison b. 03May1855 Cass Co., NE, Minnie b. 12Jul1887, Lloyd b, 17Apr1890 in Cass Co., NE, and Edward Sheesley b. 28Feb1895.
2. George Sheesley b. 02Oct1853 in Columbus, OH; d. 17Apr1937; married to Ina B. McAuley on 05Jun1883
3. Mary b. 03Apr1855 in Mahaska Co., IA
4. William Sheesley b. ?Mahaska Co, IA; married Josephin McAuley first and Cleo McAuley second
5. Phebe b.1860 Mahaska Co., IA married George T. Jackson in 1886
6. John Sheesley b. 02Nov1863 Mahaska Co., IA; d. 18Nov1898; married Allie Crayton
7. Susana Sheesley b. 31Oct1865 ;d. 14Sep1866
8. Eddie A. Sheesley b. 1868, married on 11Dec1890 to Ida Ryan
9.Martha b. 1870 married on 31Oct1894 to Frank Ryan; she died on 17Oct1937
10. Joseph L.Sheesley married Mary Gold on 01Jun1898; he died in 1945 in Anamose, Jones Co., IA