I think it is wonderful that you are studying Historical Interpretation at the University of Arkansas.I like genealogy but it is the history behind each person that I find most exciting.Keep up your studies.
Since you offered help, let me start by asking if I have the right James Joseph Siler for you.If this is not correct let me know because this is the only James Joseph Siler that I have in the Jacob O. Siler line.
1. Jacob O Siler (b.1 Jun 1770-Lacy's Creek, Chatham County, NC d.22 Mar 1839-Whitley County, KY) sp: Rachel Teague (b.1772-Siler City, Chatham, NC m.1789 d.20 Mar 1839-Whitley County, KY)
2. Burgess Siler (b.18 Apr 1799-Chatham County, NC d.12 Dec 1864-Whitley County, KY) sp: Mary Ann Croley (b.12 Aug 1804 d.12 Aug 1851)
3. Addison W Siler (b.21 Sep 1847-Corbin, KY d.20 Mar 1933-Tonkawa, OK) sp: Elzira Ann Wells (b.1 Jan 1849-Corbin, KY m.6 Dec 1866 d.20 Jun 1930-Tonkawa, OK)
4. James Newton Siler (b.10 Jul 1884-KY d.23 Dec 1961-Dinuba, CA) sp: Iva Rosemond Wilkins (b.25 Mar 1886-OK d.2 Mar 1968-Dinuba, CA)
5. Charley Newton Siler (b.24 Nov 1920-Marland, OK) sp: Hazel Kidd (b.13 Jan 1918 m.24 Nov 1938 d.27 Apr 1939)
6. James Joseph Siler (b.16 Apr 1940-Red Rockwork) sp: Robbie Louan Jameson (b.12 Nov 1940)
7. Dennis James Siler (b.25 Feb 1960-Oakland, CA) sp: Martha