Hi everyone!!!! I'm still looking for family of my Paternal Grandfather, George L.(Possibly Lafe) Rupert.
Possible DOB: July 4, 1882. in OHIO. Census states Parents also born in OHIO. Moved to Pa. at some point. First married at age 18???? Died 1941, in Pa. Buried at the Bethel Mennonite Church Cemetery, on the corner of Rt. 222 and Fulton View Rd., which I think is a Quarryville, Pa. address. He is buried with his second(?)wife, Etha Linda Stoner. The DOB on his grave stone says 1875, but I don't think this is correct. I have yet to find his third wife, my Paternal Grandmother, Emma Simpers Rupert's burial place in Md. She was buried by a funeral home in Oxford, Pa. who no longer has these records. George married Emma on July 11, 1925, in Cecil County, Md. (George married Etha Linda "Linda" Stoner, on Oct. 20, 1911, in Oxford, Pa., at the Oxford United Presbyterian Parsonage). George's occupation was farming.
Children to Etha Linda Stoner Rupert:
1. John Webster Rupert DOB March 19, 1913
2. Ada Georgana (sp?) Rupert DOB Dec. 27, 1915
3. Della Kathryn (sp.?) Rupert DOB June 8, 1920
4. Anna Irene (sp.?) Rupert Feb. 5, 1923
Children to Emma Simpers (Handwork ??)Rupert: Possible DOB June 1896, in Md. Possible Date of Death 1937, in Chester County, Pa. Have reason to believe her burial place is close to Pa./Md. State Line.
1. Marie aka Mary Rupert DOB June 22,1926
2. William Leroy Rupert DOB Jan. 22, 1928 in Barnsley (?)or Oxford, Pa. (My Dad)
3. Howard Joseph Rupert DOB March 26, 1930 Cecil County, Md.
Emma also had a Daughter, Ethel E. Sentman/Rupert, depending on Census. Father William Sentman DOB 1923
1. Why is Emma's "maiden" name Handwork, on my Dad's 1928 Birth Certificate, instead of Simpers?
2. Was Emma, who was listed as a Widow, when she married George, in 1925,once married to William Sentman? Or perhaps a man by the name of Handwork? On a Census, it states she was first married at age 37. On Dad's Birth Certificate, her age in 1928 was said to be 39.
3. WHO ARE GEORGE'S FAMILY MEMBERS FROM OHIO????!!!!!!
Emma's middle initial could have been "E" or "S". I'm curious as well if the names of any of George's children to his first wife, match any Rupert family members from Ohio, especially John Webster. And, George's middle name of Lafe, is interesting. Any Lafe's out there in Ohio?