"SLUSHER FAMILY ORGANIZATION NEWSLETTER" Vol. II, No. 1 - October 1971
3. OLIVER PERRY b. April 8, 1831; d: Apr. 26, 1899 m: Mary Jane Wood, b: 6-11-1832 d: 9-16-1892, dau. of John R. Wood & Lucinda Dehart m: (2). Lotha Jones in 1892. (She was a grandaughter of Jacob's brother David.) Oliver Perry enlisted April 6, 1863 in 30th Battalion of Virginia Infantry in the Civil War.He was a farmer and took great pride in his horses and was a pioneer in experiments in perfecting seed wheat,
4. JOHN B. b: Dec. 11, 1822 d: July 21, 1849 m: Elizabeth Weddle, dau. Jacob and Mary Weddle, on Dec. 21, 1843 Jacob's will mentions 4 children of John.
5. LEROY b: May 17, 1826 d: June 20, 1878- 2 years old. //NOTE: ABOVE is not a typo by me - That is what is in newsletter???//
6. GEORGE WASHINGTON b: Feb. 2, 1835 d: May 26, 1864 in a hospital in Atlanta.He was a pri- vate in Co. D. 54th Va. Regiment. m: Leah Wood Oct. 30, 1856 (Note that George Washington and Oliver Peery (sic) m: sisters. Leah was dau. of John Wood and Lucinda Dehart Wood also.)
7. MARY MALISSA b: Nov. 10, 1839 d Aug. 10, 1853 Never married.
In various court proceedings in Floyd Co. Jacob Slusher was refered to as Col. Jac- ob Slusher.He and Burwell Hylton were administrators of Christopher Sr's. Estate
Following is the will of Jacob Slusher as recorded in will Book D, pg. 329, in the Clerk's offic, Floyd County, Va.
"In the name of God Amen I Jacob Slu- sher of Floyd County, Va. being of sound and disposing mind and memory weak in bod- ly health do make this to be my last will and testament as follows, first I desire that my body may be decently burie and all my funeral expenses and just debts be paidsecond I give and devise unto my two sons Jeremiah Slusher and Frances M. Slusher all my lands lying south of the following described line, Beginning at a locust and hickory on the bank of the west fork of Little River at or near the foot log and just above the fence thence a strat line to a corner of a fence in a branch one rod north of a double maple marked for pointers in side of T.M. Slu- sher's line and in cluden my saw mill up to a large red oak now dead near the saw mil pond supposed to contain about fifteen acresfourth I give the devise unto my Exectutor hear after mentioned one acre of land in cluding my school house sade acre to be lade of in a square lot for school purpose and Publich worshipmy said Exe- cutor to have full controle of said house and lotFifth I give and devise unto my beloved wife Telithe Slusher all the re- mainder of my home tract or parcel of land not hear to fore devised to my three sons duren her natural lifeI also give and bequeath unto my sade beloved wife Telithe all my house hold and kitchen furniture all so two milk cows the choyes out of my stock five head of sheepfour hogs and my executor hear after named shall sell all my property both real and persnal not giv- en nor devised to others and after paying debts and acharges devide the proceeds be- tween my one children and grand children it is my will and desire that after te decease of my beloved wife Telithe that my Executor hear after named do sell the land or real estate given and devised to my said sife Telithe duren life and convey title to the purchaser by proper deed and out of the proceeeds of said sale payto my three grandchildrenthe children of George W. Slusher deceased namely Analiza, Lucinda Catherine, Sarah Levina Slusher two hndred fifty dollars and the remaind- der of the proceeds of sade sale last mentioned sale be made and devided between my three sons Jeremiah Slusher, Frances M. Slusher, Oliver P. Slusher each taken one shear and my grand children the heirs of John B. Slu- sher decd Lzear(?) Slusher, Sarahellen Slusher, Taylor Slusher and John P. Slu- sher one shear (Ed. Note: These children's named were EzraW., Sarah Ellen, Zachary Taylor and Jon B., Jr.) and my grand- children the heirs of George W. Slusher, namely Analiza Slusher, Lucinda Catherine Slusher and Sarah Levina Slusher shall have one shear in adetion to the two hndred and fifty dollars hear to fore given in this will and I do hear by nominate and