STEPHEN G SMITHERMAN b. ca 1832 Tennessee d. before 1900 Bibb Co., Al. Married 26 May 1853 Bibb Co., AL. to PERLENCY S E LAWRENCE b. Aug 1840 died after 1900 Bibb Co., Al.
NOTES on Stephen G. Smitherman Bibb County Minute Book "E" 1852-1855 page 69 "...came Stephen G. Smitherman and chose Rolley Smitherman to be his guardian. Thereupon came Rolley Smitherman together with Luke Rea and William Smitherman his securities." NOTE: Rolley Smitherman was born 1826 Tennessee. He is one of Stephen G's older brothers.
Minute Book "E" page 240 & 241 Rolley Smitehrman discharges himself of guardianship of Stephen G. Smitherman by reason of ward becoming of age.
LOOSE PAPERS Stephen G Smitherman 5 December 1853
The State of Alabama Bibb County To the Hon. Judge of Probate of said county the undersigned guardian of Stephen G Smitherman son of Sarah Smitherman who was heir of John Loudermilk deceased makes the following as his ___ for allowance and final settlement in which he charges himself of having in his hands the sume of $31.59 Interest further the 3rd of January 1853 up to the fifth of December 1853 $2.31 $35.90
The guardian claims credit for monies paid out for the use of his said ward as follows Court Costs & C$6.44 Balance on ward $27.46
STEPHEN G SMITHERMAN was the son of SAMUEL W SMITHERMAN [b. 1789 NC d. after 1870 & before 1880 Bibb Co., Al.] and SARAH LOWDERMILK [b. according to 1840 US Bibb Co., Al. Census she was age 30-40 so born between 1800-1810. She died after the 1840 US Bibb Co., AL. Census was taken and before 29 August 1841 when Samuel W married Nancy Garner Ferguson.
Stephen G Smitherman was the grandson of THOMAS SMITHERMAN SR. who died abt. 1812 North Carolina & wife unknown. He was also the grandson of JOHN HARRISON LOWDERMILK who died in NC. Some people get confused and think that Samuel W Smitherman was the son of his Uncle William Smitherman Sr. who died abt 1822 Bibb Co., Al. but he was not according to the estates of William Smitherman Sr. and his son Jesse Smitherman [died without legitimate heirs].
CHILDREN: 1. DOCK BROWN SMITHERMAN b. Jan. 1855 d. July 1934 Bibb Co., Al. buried at Antioch Church Cem. Married RACHEL NARCISSIS FITTS CHILDREN: A. Edna Smitherman b. March 1878 d. June 1966 Married Newton H Langston B. Burl Hubert Smitherman b.19 Feb. 1880 d. 30 June 1971. Married Adalaide Helen Parker. buried at Antioch C. Olivia "Livie" Smitherman b. Mar 1884 d. April 1979. married 13 Dec. 1903 Oren Clint Narramore D. Rhoda Pearl Smitherman b. Octo 1886 d. Dec. 1973. Married Reuben Edgar Narramore E. Vernon Percy Smitherman b. 20 Dec. 1888 d. 16 June 1972 buried at Antioch Church Cem., married Leneva Montez Jones. F. Essie Bell Smitherman b. Jan 1891 married 9 Nov 1913 in Bibb Co., Al. to John Franklin McCrary G. Roy C Smitherman b. 27 Aug 1893 married 1 Feb. 1914 in Bibb Co., AL. to Clara Wallace H. Lowell Cleveland Smitherman b. 3 Feb. 1899 d. Dec 1980. married 1924 Maya Alberta Morrow
2. SAMUEL LAFAYETTE SMITHERMAN b. 1858 d. before 1881 Married ARAMINTA "Mintie" BELVIN CHILDREN: A. Oregon "Augie" B Smitherman b. 6 Aug 1879 d. 29 May 1943 Bibb Co., Al buried at Cox Chapel Church Cem. Married Ada E Tucker b. Bertha L Smitherman b. Feb 1881 married Wiley Hardin Binion.
3. MARY F SMITHERMAN b. 27 August 1860 Bibb Co. d. 5 January 1896 in Louisiana. Married ROBERT W "Bob" EADY on 10 September 1874 in Bibb Co., Al. CHILDREN: A. Clarence Eady b. 1877 d. before 1900 Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. Married Janie Boose B. Eva or Evie Eady b. Nov 1878 married Huey Armstrong C. Leta Eady b.25 Oct 1882 Bibb Co., Al. d. 9 May 1932 Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. Married Jacob Eugene Cowan D. Anderson Manley Eady b. Jan 1885 d. 1 Apr 1949 Ouachita Parish, La. married Bendette Brace Demoss E. Daniel Webster Eady b. Feb 1887 wife was Claudie F. Charles Cheap Eady b. 13 July 1890 d. 21 Feb 1946 Ouachita Parish, La. wife was Minnie G. Herman Ross Eady b. 25 August 1892
4. ALICE SMITHERMAN b. 22 June 1863 d. 4 September 1884
5. MAY NORA "Maggie" SMITHERMAN b. 27 June 1866 Bibb Co., d. 27 March 1941. Married 1 December 1885 WILEY N LAWRENCE CHILDREN: A. Orry Myrtle Lawrence b. 17 Oct 1883 d. 12 Sept 1923 married 19 Dec 1901 in Bibb Co., Al. to Decatur C Smitherman B. Bevie Lawrence b. 9 Sept 1885 d. 2 March 1887 buried at Antioch Church Cem. C. Claude Marvin Lawrence b. 24 Sept 1887 d. 18 March 1980 buried at Antioch Church Cem. Married 13 Aug 1911 Gladys Roberta Langston. D. Beulah Estellar Lawrence b. 10 Oct 1889 d. 4 Dec 1865 buried at Pineland Memorial Cem., Centreville. Married J Brady Robinson E. William Horace "Billy" Lawrence b. 29 Sept 1892 d. 27 June 1979. Married 25 Nov 1912 Bibb Co., Al. to Fannie Loretta Kirbo F. Odie Daniel Lawrence b. 23 Nov 1894 married 30 June 1917 Bibb Co., Al. to Ruby Adams G. Opal Leta Lawrence b. 24 July 1904 d. 14 Dec 1983. Married 1st Columbus Langston. Married 2nd John Lonnie Chism
6. FRANK C "Cass" SMITHERMAN b. 18 November 1869 d. Marth 1937 Mobile Co., Al. Married TINY DRUCILLA "Drew" LAWLEY
7. MATTIE A R SMITHERMAN b. 18 Feb. 1871 Bibb Co. d. after 1930. Married DAVID NAPOLEON HAM CHILDREN: A. Bevie Ham b. 13 may 1889 d. 18 October 1970 buried at Sandy Chapel Methodist Church Cem., Bibb Co., Al. married John Everrett Millander B. Robert Frank Ham b. 10 Sept 1890 married Donna G Pledger
8. LENA M V SMITHERMAN b. 29 March 1873 d. abt 1935 Mobile Co., Al. Married DANIEL MERCHANT.
9. WALTER RANDALL SMITHERMAN b. 1873 d. 7 November 1946 Married 4 Dececmber 1897 in Bibb Co., Al. to AMANDA E SMITHERMAN [dau. of David L Smitherman & Susan Scott] CHILDREN: A. Dorris "Dovie" Smitherman b. 1907 B. Robert Earl Smitherman b. 1909 C. Norman Smitherman b. 1912
10. RUFUS E SMITHERMAN b. 19 May 1878 d. 17 July 1923 buried at Rehobeth Church Cem. Married 20 Dec 1900 to PENELOPE HAM. No Children
11. BESSIE SMITHERMAN b. Feb 1881 d. 9 April 1903 Bibb Co., Al. Married RANDALL WILLIAM LAWRENCE. NOTE: Bessie died in childbirth. She had no other children
12. STEPHEN STANLEY SMITHERMAN b. 27 July 1884 Bibb Co., Al. d. 8 June 1954 Mobile Co., AL. Married 5 December 1908 to Fannie Chism in Bibb Co., Al.