I am trying to sort out my sometimes confusing family and didn't see these names on your site but was wondering if you had run across any thing that might help me A brief summary: 1. 1850 census for Buncombe Co., NC has family of John Taylor, 32, NC; Mary 35, SC; Martha 16,NC; Malenda I.? 6, NC; Mary E. 4, NC; Wm. C. 2/12, NC and E. M. Snowden 60, Scotland, female.[Site information:John B. Taylor b. abt. 1818 Mills River, Buncombe Co., NC; wife, Mary Carter b. abt. 1814 in SC; son, William Carter Taylor b. 1850 in NC.]
2. 1860 census for Asheville,Buncombe Co., NC has Margaret Taylor 22, NC and Joanna Taylor 2, NC.
3. 1850 and 1860 censuses for Asheville, Buncombe Co., NC have E. M. Orr living in home of Ephraim Clayton
4. 1870 census for Sulphur Springs, Buncombe Co., NC has household of:Margaret Orr 33, NC; Josiah Orr 13, female, NC; Thomas Orr 9, NC; Ephram Orr 7, NC; Carter Taylor 20, NC; and Wilson Harris 20, NC.
5.Ephraim Marshall Orr (about 1834-20 October 1863) was married to Margaret Matilda Hunter (5 October 1835-16 September 1915), daughter of John Hunter (born in GA on censuses; NC on Margaret's death certificate) and Mary Ann Snowden (born in SC on censuses; in the south on death certificate).
6. Ephraim Marshall Orr died as a POW in 1863.His lengthy estate records; with his great uncle, Ephraim Clayton, as administrator, make no mention of Joanna and she is not provided for.
7. Although several published family histories list Johanna as a child of E. M. Orr, I think she was the daughter of M. M. Hunter and a first husband with surname Taylor. a. I am wondering about her relationship to Carter Taylor who was in the home and a farm laborer in 1870?Was he a nephew? b.I am also wondering about the connection of Ms. E. M. Snowden living in home of John and Mary Taylor on 1850?From her age, she could be the grandmother of Margaret Matilda Hunter.
Any help would be appreciated. Marshaleigh Orr Bahan Austin, Texas NOTE:Joanna married Robert B. Glenn about 1878.A daughter in law , Mrs Marshall Glenn, provided information for Margaret M. Hunter Orr's death certificate.