HENRY SOUTH, b 5 Sept 1805, KY, m Sarah Hall 30 Oct 1828 in Shelbyville, Shelby Co., ILL, d 16 Sept 1869 Greely, Anderson Co., KS
SARAH HALL, b 1809 or 1810, KY, d 7 Jan 1853 Shelby Co., ILL. Buried in Corley Cemetery, Coldsprings Twp, Shelby Co., ILL. Can anyone identify her parents. She seems to have had a relative named Preston Hall in the Shelby Co., ILL area. According to census records for her daughter, Rebecca South Simmons, Sarah Hall Southwas born in KY, but county is unknown.
Children: 1. Elizabeth Jane South, b 29 Aug 1829 Shelby Co., ILL d 20 Jan 1890 Oakesdale, Whitman Co., WA m ______Warren
2. Ann South b 3 July 1832 Shelby Co., ILL d 19 Mar 1911 m George Washington Carlisle 13 Sept 1855, Shelby Co.,ILL
3. Eliza South b 3 Dec 1834 Shelby Co., ILL d 12 Feb 1909 m (1) Elias Corley 5 May 1853 Shelby Co., ILL m (2) A.R. Mumaw
4. Martha South b 23 June 1837 Shelby Co., ILL d 29 May 1875 m John Vosa Fox 10 Dec 1854 Shelby Co., ILL
5. Rebecca South b 2 Nov 1830 Shelby Co., ILL d 15 May 1907 Ingalls, Payne Co., OK Terr m Joseph Simmons 10 Dec 1863 Garnell, Anderson Co. KS
6. William Mildrum South 12 Mar 1843 Shelby Co., ILL d July 1909 m Mary Sutton
7. Sariah South b 2 Mar 1847 Shelby Co., ILL d 24 Nov 1922 m (1) _________ m (2) Jessie N. Sutton
8. John B. South b 8 Mar 1850 m Matilda Simmons 3 June 1874 Anderson Co., KS (Note: Matilda Simmons was the daughter of Joseph Simmons by a first marriage. Joseph Simmons married older sister of John B. South, Rebecca South, child # 5 in this list.)
Question for anyone reading this posting: Am I missing any of the children of Henry South & Sarah Hall from my list?
Henry South m. secondly, Caroline Carlisle.
Their children were: Delila, b 1859 Emma Edward.
(Note: This is all of the info in my records regarding second marriage & children.)
Sources: Original research from Shelby Co., ILL, including marriage records Census records for 1830, 1840, & 1850, Shelby Co., ILL Census records for 1860 Anderson Co., KS Marriage records from Anderson Co., KS