Looking for information on the following Sproston line:
John Sproston, b. abt 1782 in England, came to North America abt 1832, settling first in Canada, then Lewis County, NY, then Michigan, then Mercer County, Illinois. Wife unknown.
1. Mary Ann married Enoch Cooper
2. Lucy married Levi Cooper
3. Elizabeth married William Brain
4. William (prob. a son of John) married Mary Ann Clark Cooper (widow of Hamlet Cooper)
5. Gregory (prob. a son of John) married Susan Ann Wilson (This couple may have come directly from Canada to Mercer County)
Children of Gregory Sproston and Susan Ann Wilson:
1. John S. married Mary Ann Allison
2. Gregory, born June 3, 1853
3. William, born abt 1856
4. Charlotte Ann married Marion DeBord
5. Ambrose W. married Lenora Jane Donawain
6. Alvin W. born abt 1862
7. Sarah Jenny married Jacob Street
8. George W. married Jennie Collins
9. Edward married Etta Morris
Children of John S. Sproston and Mary Ann Allison:
1. Joseph B. married Elizabeth Howard
2. Thomas Gregory married Nancy Josephine Cain
3. Robert Scarlet married Katherine "Katie" Dell Cooper.They were divorced and both remarried.Katie married William Henry Wagoner and Robert married one of Katie's sisters.
4. Susan Ann married Leroy Cooper
I would appreciate any new information and would gladly share what details I can add to this sketch.I have been unable to find out what part of England my Sproston line came from, but the Cooper line they continually married into came from Staffordshire.
I prefer e-mail responses, since I don't have much spare time to check the site.