I am presently updating the Stickney Book files, both text and Gedcom.
Text changes are:
- Have applied page breaks to make each page content correspond to the Book. - Page headers and numbering have also been inserted. - As a result the Index can now be used, and I have been able to restored MAS’s original cross references which refer to specific pages. - The Index has been formatted into columns as per the Book.It should print in columns, and be visible as such if one selects the “Page View” option.
I have completed these changes for the Book download, the file now being called “Stickney Book Text.zip” in place of the old “STICKDOC.EXE.”The text file inside this compressed zip file is called “Stickney Book Text.doc” and is in Word 97 format.
My reasons for changing to a straight PKZip format is that it can now be accessed and used by either “IBM PC” or “Apple MAC” computers, and could be (I believe) more secure against virus attachment.It’s also marginally smaller.
You will need PKUnzip to extract the text file though, but this is widely available.
These remain as separate chapter files, but I am progressively updating them with the paged structure.This will take time I fear, html is not easy to format data in.
Not started yet, but intend to go back through the Book inserting multiple years for pre 1752 events where these apply and are recorded as such in the Book (eg 6 Feb 1676/7).I earlier, wrongly, thought that the Gedcom format did not support multiple years.
Also the section covering the end of my line where I made changes based on primary records I hold.While I am correct with my information, I still shouldn’t have done it.The Gedcom should faithfully reflect MAS’s Book as it stood.So I will give myself a slap on the hand and change this part back while making appropriate comments within the remarks field for each person affected.
This I hope to start and complete a bit later in 2000.Meanwhile see the on-line Gedcom of the present file.