In reply to request for other descendants of Woodman STOCKLEY, I have the following line:
1. John STOCKLEY (of The Virginia Co.1609,Jamestown) md. ?
2. their son, John STOCKLEY md. Elizabeth WOODMAN
3. their son Woodman STOCKLEY b. ca 1654 "Bradford Hall", Sussex Co. VA (?) d. 1710-1713,MDmd. Jane----. (her will probated 1710 Somerset Co., MD)
4. their dau., Elizabeth STOCKLEY md. first --------SIDBURY. She md. secondly, George BISHOP, Sr.They were both still alive in 1744.
5. their dau., Elizabeth BISHOP b. ca 1715 md. Christopher DUDLEY b. 1712 Onslow Co., NC d. 1764, Onslow Co.
6. their son, Bishop DUDLEY b. ca 1740 Onslow, Nc d. 1788 Onslow, NCmd. Rebecca WARD b. ca 1740 Onslow, NC d. ?
7. their Christopher Dudley 1763-1828, Onslow, NC md. Margaret SNEAD 1764-1827 Onslow, NC
8. their son Edward Bishop DUDLEY,(Gov. Of NC) b 12/15/1789 Onslow, NC d. 10/30/1855, Wilmington, NCmd.11/20/1815 Elizabeth HAYWOOD b. 11/24/1796, Raleigh, NC d. 10/15/1840 Wilmington, NC.They had seven children.(He md. 2nd Jane A. COWAN (widow of Gen John Cowan.Gov. DUDLEY and Jane had no children.)
9. dau of Edward and Elizabeth DUDLEY - Margaret DUDLEY 11/10/1828 Wilmington, NC d. 3/21/1881 Wilmington, NC md.Thomas Cowan MCILHENNY b. 6/01/1825 Wilmington d. 04/18/1901, Wilmington.
10. their son William Whiting MCILHENNY b. 05/06/1865 Raleigh, NC d. 02/16/1948 Washington, NC d. EvaLena BELL b. 10/21/1865 Wahsington NC d. 04/16/1924 Washington, NC
11. their dau., Margaret Dudley MCILHENNY b. 06/18/1893 Washington, NC d. 09/17/1975, Richmond, VAmd. Thomas Hill DUFFY b. 11/06/1896 New Bern, NC d. 11/28/1983, Richmond, Va.
12. their dau., Margaret McIlhenny DUFFY 08/01/1822 Richmond, still livingmd. Ronald allen CANN b. 05/09/1923, Southampton, Eng. d. 04/05/0995 Baltimore, MD.
13. their dau. ('TIS ME)Margaret Bonita CANN b. 05/09/1946, living.
i HAVE SOME HISTORY DUDLEYS AND OTHERS AND COLLATERAL LINES ON A FEW.bUT THIS IS LONG ENOUGH FOR NOW.