The following is transcribed from the Bible record of Robert Stringfellow of Culpeper, VA. It is handwritten on a plain sheet of paper and is in the possession of Charles Ewing Stringfellow formally of Culpeper, VA and now resides in Roanoke, VA.
Robert (b. 1732) m. (5-6-1762) Catherine Stigler (b. 1728)
1. Elizabeth b. Jan. 27, 1763
2. Dolly b. March 3, 1766
3. Ann b. Apr 8, 1771
4. Robert b. Sept. 20, 1773 d. Oct. 4, 1857 (of The Retreat)
*(5.) James L. b. Mar.11, 1775
6. Henry b. Sept. 20, 1777
7. William b. May 4, 1780
8. John b. May 15, 1782
9. Susan b. May 16, 1784
10. Thornton b. Mar 6, 1788 (Rev. Thornton)
Line of *(#5) James L. (son of Robert and Catherine Sigler Stringfellow)
#5 James L. (b. Mar 11, 1775 d. Aug. 27, 1847) m. (Oct. 30, 1805) Hannah Robinson (widow Moxley) b. May 15, 1781 d. June 26, 1859
1. Susan b. Nov. 24, 1806
2. Robert b. March 13, 1809 (m. Eliza Ann Martin of Fauquier, Co.)
3. William b. May 21, 1811
4. Mary A. b. June 16, 1814
5. James Lawrence b. Sept. 27, 1816 [of more later]
6. Nicholas T. b. July 20, 1819
7. Howard M. b. March 19, 1822
The following is from a document prepaired by the Democratic Historical Association, Inc. circa 1937. It is a draft of a personal history of Dr. James Lawrence Stringfellow, MD. b. 14 AUG 1887 in Culpeper, VA. and died 4 JUN 1982 in Culpeper, VA.
"Dr. James Lawrence Stringfellow, an active and successful menber of the medical profession in Culpeper, was born in Culpeper County, Virginia August 14, 1887. He is a sicon of one of the old and honored families of Northern Virginia, tracing his ancestry back through four generations to Robert Stringfellow, who was a farmer and died in Fauquier county. He was the father of James Lawrence Stringfellow, who was born in Fauquier county and became a farmer and slave owner. The latter gave his political allegiance to the democratic party and died in Culpeper county. His wife, who bore the maiden name of Harriet Ficklin, was born in Fredricksburg and passed away in Culpeper county. They were the parents of Thornton Stringfellow, father of Dr. Stringfellow of this review. Born in Culpeper county August 26, 1863, Thornton Stringfellow passed away in Charlottsville in 1923 [sic 10 MAY 1923]. He had spent his active life as a planter, was a supporter of the democratic party and a member of the Baptist Church. He married Cora Bell Ewing, who was born in Botetourt county, Virginia, September 26, 1859, and died in Culpeper in 1931 [sic 15 MAR 1931]. She was the daughter of Daniel Price and Mollie (Woods) Ewing. Her father was born in Botetourt county and gave up his studies at the University of Virginia to volunteer for service in the Confederate Army, thus serving when death claimed him at age of twenty-one years. His wife was a native of Albemarle county and died in Culpeper county."
From these documents and other information found on Rootsweb, the website of the Church of Latter Day Saints, Genweb and online birth, marriage, death and cemetery records, I submit the following genealogy:
James Lawrence Stringfellow (b. 27 SEP 1816) married Harriet Ficklin/Ficklen 1 MAR 1854, dughter of George Ficklin/Ficklen and Frances "Fanny" Kennon/Kennen of KY.
[married 1 SEP 1814 in Fleming Co., KY]
1. Thornton Stringfellow b. 26 AUG 1860
2. George Ficklin Stringfellow was born ABT 1863 [age 17 on 1880 Federal Census-Stevensburg, Culpeper, Virginia]. He married (1) Elizabeth Spindle (no issue), (2) Ellen Summerville (one son), and (3) Mary McMullen (two children).
Thornton Stringfellow was born 26 AUG 1863 and died 10 MAY 1923 in Charlottsville, VA, buried Stevensburg Baptist Cemetery, Stevensburg, Culpeper co., VA. He married Cora Bell Ewing, Daughter of Daniel Price Ewing and Mollie Woods. She was born 27 JUL 1858 in Botetourt Co., VA and died 15 MAR 1931 in Culpeper, VA, buried Stevensburg Baptist Church Cemetery, Stevensburg, Culpeper Co., VA.
1. Ewing Price Stringfellow was born 30 AUG 1886 and died 6 MAR 1951 [buried Stevensburg Baptist Church Cemetery]
2. Dr. James Lawrence Stringfellow, MD was born 14 AUG 1887
3. Maye Woods Stringfellow was born 13 FEB 1891 and died 21 JUN 1981 [buried Stevensburg Baptist Church Cemetery]
4. Annie Ficklin Stringfellow was born 17 MAY 1893 and died 23 APR 1894 age 11 m. 6 d. [buried Stevensburg Baptist Church Cemetery]
5. Janet Stringfellow [info pending]
6. Charles Stringfellow [info pending]
7. Thornton Stringfellow was born 19 MAR 1898 and died 2 MAR 1920 age 22 years. [buried Stevensburg Baptist Church Cemetery]
Dr James Lawrence Stringfellow, MD was born 14 AUG 1887 in Culpeper Co., VA and died 4 JUN 1982 in Culpeper Co., VA at age 94 years, buried Stevensburg Baptist Church Cemetery, Stevensburg, Culpeper Co., VA. He married Jane Love Sexton. She was born 31 AUG 1896 and died 2 SEP 1975 in Culpeper VA, buried Stevensburg Baptist Church Cemetery, Stevensburg, Culpeper Co., VA. (4 children)
Please contact me with any additional info or corrections.