" Sugar Creek Baptist Church Cemetery The first recorded meeting of the Sugar Creek Baptists (now Centerville Baptist Church) was November 2, 1799. In 1802, property was purchased from Aaron Nutt and by 1803 a meeting house was erected on the west side of the cemetery. Early residents traveled to the church on trails which were blazed through the wilderness from settlements five miles away. On July 4, 1807, the church trustees appointed Benjamin Robbins and Whitely Hatfield "to lay off a burial ground in proper manner." Additions to the cemetery continued until 1868, which extended the cemetery to its present boundaries. Many early settlers, including veterans of the Revolutionary and other wars, are interred there."