I am searching for parents and any other information regarding Elizabeth Jane Dunn born 1835 in possibly Abbeville District SC, and her first husband, John Richard Swancey, also posibly born in Abbeville District, SC. It is my understanding that John Richard Swancey died in the Civil War, and that both John Richard & Elizabeth Jane are buried in the cemetery of Old Greenville Presbyterian Church in Abbeville District, South Carolina. Elizabeth Jane died 1912 in Greenwood County, SC.
They had 3 known children:
1. James Swancey born March 1853 in South Carolina.
2. Allie Victoria Swancey born 12/19/1858 in South Carolina. 1st husband was Albert H. Miller. Her 2nd husband was Benton Stewart Robertson. She died 1/6/1952 in Spartanburg, SC.
3. John Swancey born December 1860 in South Carolina.
Elizabeth Jane Dunn Swancey re-married about 1865 to widower James Preston Butler, born 1829 in Edgefield District, SC, died 1902, possibly Saluda or Greenwood County, SC.
They had 7 known children:
1. Margaret Calvert Butler born 5/12/1866 in Edgefield Co., SC, married J. O. Smith. She died 4/29/1947 Saluda County, SC.
2. Georgianna Butler born 7/27/1867 in SC, married James Pickens Butler. She died 4/27/1913 in Saluda, SC
3. Elizabeth Butler born 11/12/1871 in SC, married Henry William Butler. She died 6/25/1937 in McCormick, SC.
4. Caroline Butler born 8/18/1873 in SC, died 7/5/1954 in Saluda Co., SC.
5. C. M. Butler born 10/1/1879 in SC married Cora Templeton, died 9/24/1932 in Greenwood, SC.
6. Anna Butler married a Mr. Burnette, died after 1/6/1952 and was living in Saluda County, SC in 1952.
7. Willie Butler died after 1/6/1952 and was living in Greenwood Co., SC in 1952.
James Preston Butler had at least 2 children by his 1st wife, Georgianna Attaway. These were Preston Brooks Butler, born 1857 and James Samuel Butler, born 1862.
I will certainly appreciate any information at all.