I purchased the subject studio portrait of 5 females taken by McKean, Santa Cruz, CA.It is identified on the back of the mount:
"To Cousin Kate Ankney.
SWANK FAMILY SANTA CRUZ. CAL
CARRIE SWANK [center] JENNIE B. RADKE [upper left] MABELLE T. RADKE AGED 12 YRS. [2nd from right] IDA M. GRANT [far right] DRUZILLA JANE SWANK AGED 65 YRS [lower left]"
This family appears in several public member trees posted on ancestry.com.The family is also listed in the 1860 Census data for Township 6, Mokelumne Hill, Calaveras Co., CA; the 1880 Census data for Watsonville, Santa Cruz Co., CA; the 1900 Census data for Branciforte Township, Santa Cruz (resided at 100 Ocean View Avenue), Santa Cruz Co., CA; the 1910 Census data for Santa Cruz (resided at 102 Front Street), Santa Cruz Co., CA; and the 1910 Census data for San Jose (resided at 33 George Street), Santa Clara Co., CA.
In about 1859, Henry S. Swank, born 8 Feb 1833 in Richmond, Ashtabula Co., OH, died 19 Dec 1880 in Santa Cruz Co., CA, married Drusilla Baker, born May 1836 in OH.Henry was employed as a miner in 1860 and a carpenter in 1880.The couple had 6 children:
1. George B. Swank, died before 1900
2. Samantha Swank, died before 1900
3. Manderville Swank, born about 1859 in Yuba City, Sutter Co., CA, died before 1900
4. Ida May Swank, born about 1861 in CA
5. Carrie E. Swank, born Mar 1863 in CA, employed as a post office clerk in 1900 and 1910
6. Jennie B. Swank, born Apr 1869 in CA, employed as a teacher in 1900 and a law office stenographer in 1910
Mabel/Mabelle T. Radke, born Sep 1889 in CA, was the daughter of Jennie B. Swank and an unidentified Mr. Radke; she was employed as a public school teacher in 1910