I'm happy to hear from you.To answer your questions.I think you are on the right track.Let start with Otho Lunsford Sydnor, Sr.
Otho Lunsford Sydnor, Sr. son of John Mathew Sydnor & Hester Elizabeth Dameron b. Aug. 22, 1894, Richmond City, Va. & d. Apr. 20, 1982, Richmond City Hospital, Va. He married Mary Elizabeth Morris on Dec. 27, 1922. She was b.Oct. 29, 1903 & d. July 12, 1993. he served in the American Expeditionary Force in World War I. he moved to Westmoreland Co., Va. They had 11 known children:
1. Hester Mae Sydnor b. Feb. 21, 1925 married first Robert Hall Gawen, married second Calvin Garner Sanford.
2. Florence Louise Sydnor b. June 11, 1926, unmarried.She lives Hague, Va.
3. Thelma Ruth Sydnor b. Oct. 10, 1927 married Stephen Gatwood Sanders.
4. Emma Elizabeth Sydnor b. Sept.30, 1929, married first Noah Elbert Williams, married second Robert William Phillips.
5. Otho Lunsford Sydnor, Jr. b.June 24, 1931 & d. July 26, 1954, married Pearl Pitts on Dec. 26, 1951.
6. Effie Virginia Sydnor b.June 12, 1934, married Gene Carlton Manly.
7. John Morris Sydnor b. May 6, 1936, married Joyce Lochte.
8. James Edward Sydnor b. Jan. 9, 1939, married Dora Lee Stamper.
9. William Otis Sydnor b. Nov. 21, 1940, married first Sylvia Kay Wilson, married second Kitty McKinnie.
10. Annie Marie Sydnor b. May 15, 1942, married Russell Gordon.
11. Janet Lee Sydnor b. Nov. 3, 1944, married Colin Roy Williamson.
(I have their children listed, let me know if you need them.)
John Mathew Sydnor son of Addison Sydnor & Caroline Hudson b. June 10, 1869, Richmond City, Va.& d. 1944 married Hester Elizabeth Dameron b. Sept. 4, 1873 & d. April 1953, dau. of Richard Lunceford Dameron & Mary Alice Harper (1st). They had six known children:
1. Voila Estelle Sydnor b. Feb. 1, 1892 & d. July 1962, married Frank Landman.
2. Otho Lunsford Sydnor (mentioned above).
3. Alice Sydnor b. 1898.
4. Lelia Sydnor b. June 1, 1901.
5. Cornelia Sydnor b. 1904, married John Ford.
6. John Addison Sydnor b. aft. 1910 & d. 1986, married Elizabeth Jones.
(I have their children listed: let me know if you need them).
Addison Sydnor son of Fortunatus Sydnor & Maartha Hale, b. b. 1843 & d. 1905. he married Caroline Hudson on March 14, 1867, Richmond City, Va. b. 1846 & d ?
he served in Co. D of the 15th Virginia Cavalry Battalion as well as Co. E of the 40th Virginia Infantry during the Civil War. They live at the time in 1880's in Richmond City, Va. They had 7 known children:
1. Cornelia A. Sydnor b. Dec. 23, 1867.
2. John Mathew Sydnor (mentioned above).
3. Laura Sydnor b. 1872.
4. Manora Sydnor b. 1873.
5. Giles B. Sydnor b. 1875.
6. Sylom Sydnor b. June 17, 1876.
7. Luther J. Sydnor b. June 16, 1878.
Fortunatus Sydnor son of John Fortunatus Sydnor & Elizabeth Tyrrel Mosby (3rd), b. abt. 1824 & d. aft 1867 & bef. 1880. He married Martha Hale on July 21, 1841, Northumberland Co., Va. b. 1820 & d. 1880.She was living with her son Addison Sydnor at the time in 1880 census.
Fortunatus Sydnor was a woodworker.
1. Addison Sydnor (mentioned above).
2. Sarah Sydnor b. 1845.
3. Maria Sydnor b. 1847, married John W. Balderson.
John Fortunatus Sydnor son of Epaphroditus Sydnor and Milly Ball, b. b. 1783, Richmond City, Va. &d. 1849, Richmond County, Va. He married first Margaret E. or S. Brent on March 10, 1813, Lancaster County, Va., John Ingram sec. , second to Nancy Green on May 10, 1813, Richmond County, Va., third to Elizabeth Tyrrel Mosby on Nov. 14, 1814, Richmond County, Va.
John & Margaret had no known children.
John & Nancy Green had one daughter:
1. Nancy Sydnor b. 1815?, believe to be born before 1815.She married Moses Hale. She could be the dau. of Elizabeth? Still not confirm.
John & Elizabeth Tyrrel Mosby had five children:
1. Robert Sydnor b. 1814 & d. 1878, married first Lucy Kent, married second Mary Reynolds Packett on 1865.
2. William B. Sydnor abt. 1817 & aft. 1876, married first to Ann Hale on Dec. 13, 1836, Northumberland Co., Va., second to Sophia Hudson
3. Fortunatus Sydnor (as mentioned above)
4. John Mathew Sydnor b. abt. 1825, Fauquier County, Va.& d. by 1867, Fauquier County, Va., married first Ann Keiser on Mov 29, 1850, married second Ann Lewis or Louisa A. McGuin Jan.30 ,1847, Fauquier Co, Va. (This remains a mystery because she could be married first rather second or this is a third marriage person?, remains unsolve at this time).
5. Kitty Sydnor b. 1826, Fauquier Co., Va.
Epaphroditus Sydnor son of John Sydnor and
There are more lineage....Let me know if you need them.i would like to know what is your lineage with these Sydnors?Please e-mail me at BkSyd@aol,com thanks and hope to hear from you soon.