I am looking for any descendants of my fourth great-grandparents, William Sims and Dorothy Danner.William Sims, s/o John Sims, was born between 1811 and 1812 in England and died Aug.12, 1885, in Napoleon, Lafayette County, MO.He married Dorothy Danner before 1831 in OH/VA.She was born March 25, 1810 in VA or OH (listed as both places in census listings) and died July 7, 1900, in Lexington, Lafayette County, MO.Her parents names have not been found.
William and Dorothy lived in at least three different places:Greenfield Township, Gallia County, OH; Madison Township, Jackson County, OH; and Clay Township, Lafayette County, MO.They had a total of ten children (all born in OH):
1) George W. Sims, 7/1831 - aft. 6/8/1900.He married Arenia Price and descendants lives in Lafayette or Ray counties in MO.
2) John M. Sims, 1833 - unknown death date.He married Nancy Bridgman. Unsure if any children or where they lived.
3) Susannah Sims, 1836 - unknown death date.She married George Hopper.Unsure if any children or where they lived.
4) Michael David Sims, 9/18/1838 - 3/2/1894.He married Mary Mae Shelton and descendants lived in Linn County, MO; Laramie County, WY; Grayson County, TX; Saline County, MO; Jackson County, MO; Audrain County, MO; and Hannibal, MO.
5) Louisa B. Sims, 10/27/1840 - 4/5/1903.She married Simon Peter Danner and descendants lived in Ray County, MO; Lafayette County, MO; and Jackson County, MO.
6) Hannah Sims, 1843 - unknown death date.Unsure if she married.
7) Rebecca B. Sims, 11/16/1845 - 2/24/1936.She married Zachariah Mansell and descendants lived in Ray County, MO; and Lafayette County, MO.
8) James William Sims, 2/1847 - 2/2/1901.He married Mary Kramer and descendants lived in Lafayette County, MO.
9) Catherine Sims, abt. 1850 - unknown death date.She married John Bergland (Burglin) and also married ? Soutter (Suitor).Unsure if any children or where they lived.
10) Sarah Jane Sims, abt. 1853 - aft. 1920.She married Henry Hendrick(s) and descendants live in Ray County, MO; Lafayette County, MO; and Jackson County, MO.
Other versions of this surname in records are: Sims, Simms, Simes, Simmes, Syms, Symms, Symes, Symmes.If you have information on one of these families, please e-mail me directly or post a reply message to this board.