Donna,I would like to know your source or sources for the Tallant tree you posted.It doesn't jive much with the records I have found on the Tallants of Anson County, NC.I believe Thomas Tallant's family tree should read more like this:
Thomas Tallant was probably born in the 1720 or 30's and died around 1800.His wife's name was Hannah __?__ (maiden name unknown) according to an Anson County, NC land deed dated 24 Jan. 1766.Thomas Tallants first land purchase in Anson County was on 20 Sept. 1757 when he bought land on the southwest side of the Pee Dee River on Smith Creek from Nicholas Broadway and his wife, Elizabeth, for 15 pounds (Virginia money).Aaron, Moses, and Thomas Tallant were listed on a 1763 Anson County, NC taxpayer's list.Thomas and Moses Tallant were two of 260 signers of a "Regulators" petition from Anson County to the State Assembly, 9 Oct. 1769.On 12 Oct. 1775, the following Tallants signed with others to divide Anson County to form the new county of Montgomery: Aaron Tallant, Lott Tallant, Moses Tallant, and Thomas Tallent."Abstracts of Anson County" have records of Thomas serving on jury duty.Possable children of Thomas and Hannah Tallant:
1. John Tallant born about 1755 and died after 1834.He served in the Revolution from Anson County, NC.He married __?__ and was granted land in the Pendleton District of South Carolina on Nov. 21, 1789.He also owned land in Wilkes County, GA where he was listed as a tax payer in 1785.By 1803, John was in Jackson County, GA and Hall County, GA by 1818.He had 4 children:
1. Margaret Tallant, married Odian Castleberry born about 1774 - d. 1840. They had 9 children.
2. David Tallant b. June 14, 1784 in GA - d. Jan. 1, 1856 Forsyth County, GA. He married before 1808 to Sarah Castleberry.They had 9 children.
3. Sarah "Sally" Tallant b. ca. 1790 in SC.She married in 1810, in Jackson Co., GA to David B. Driskell.
4. John Tallant, Jr. b. after 1790 - d. 1819 St. Clair County, IL.He married Patsy __?__ and they had one son.
2.Sarah Talant born about 1763 and died 20 May 1839.She married first to Abner Miller born before 1755 and died Aug. 1805.They had 4 children and resided Marlboro District, SC.Sarah married 2nd on 1 Jan. 1806 to James Stubbs born 1755 and died Aug. 1825.They had one daughter.
1. Thomas Miller (M.D.) b. ____ - d. Aug. 4, 1821
2. Jemima Miller b. ca. 1796 in SC and died after 1860.She married in Marlboro Dist. SC to John W. Bowyer
3. Sarah Miller b. 1799 - d. Sept. 1817, age 17 years.
4. Mary Miller b. 1800-5 in SC - d. 1 Jan. 1837 in SC.She married Aaron Breeden.
5. Elizabeth Stubbs b. 1807 - d. 1887.She married 4 June 1829 to Holden Wade Liles.
3. Richard Tallent b. 3 Sept. 1768 in Anson County, NC - d. 1832 McMinn County, TN.He married Sarah Lindsey b. Mar. 1769.
1. William Tallant b. 16 June 1791 in NC - d. 30 June 1865.He served in the War of 1812 in the East Tennessee Militia.He married 1st to Mary __?__ and 2nd to Frances Richmond.
2.Thomas Tallant b. ca 1793 in NC.He married Obedience Farley.He served in the War of 1812 in the East Tennessee Militia.They resided White County, TN
3. Benjamin Tallant b. 179?
4. Nancy Tallant b. 179? In NC.She married 4 Sept. 1815 in Roane County, TN to Wright Hankins.
5. Lydia Tallant b. 1796 in NC.She married Benjamin Wasson
6. Arminta Tallant b. ca. 1800 in NC - d. after 1850 Craighead County, AR.After the death of her sister, Nancy, she married Wright Hankins.
7. Jane Tallant b. 1801 in NC - died after 1880 Montgomery County, AR.She married John B. Fisher, M.D.He died 1850 in Cass County, GA.
8. Enoch Tallant b. 1804 in NC.He married Elizabeth Harkrider.They resided McMinn, Meigs, and Hamilton Counties, TN.
9. John Tallant b. 1811 in TN - d. 6 Aug. 1885 Pike County, AR.He married 24 Dec. 1831 in Carroll County, GA to Barbara Whisenhunt.He served as Pvt. In the 5th Batt. 1st Brig., GA Mounted Vols from 15 Oct. 1837 - 25 Apr. 1838 (Indian Removal).
10. James Tallant b. 27 Jan. 1813 in TN - d. in Pike or Montgomery County, AR.He married 25 Aug. 1836 to Matilda Mitchell b. 12 Nov. 1815.
4.Thomas Tallant, Jr. b. 177? in NC.He was residing in Anson County, NC in 1800.He married and had two sons:
1. John Tallant b. 1796 in Anson County, NC.He married Elizabeth Hancock b. 1800.
2. Samuel Tallant b. 1798 in Anson County, NC.He married Martha __?__ b. 1799.
5.William Tallent b. 177?He married and had 7 children:
1. Moses Tallent b. ca. 1796 in NC and d. after 1860 in Monroe County, TN.He married Mary Ann Moses b. 1797 in NC - d. after 1850.
2. James Elisha Tallent b. 24 Sept. 1799 in Anson County, TN - d. Oct. 1878 in Monroe County, TN.He married 29 Dec. 1818 in Blount County, TN to Sarah Moses b. ca. 1801 in NC - d. ca 1866 in Monroe County, TN.
3. Elizabeth Tallent b. 180? in NCShe married 27 Dec. 1821 in Blount County, TN to Kinchen Wall
4. Polly Ann Tallent
5. William Tallent b. 1804 in NC.He married Malinda __?__ b. 1811 in TN
6. Thomas Tallent b. 1806 in NC.He married Lydia __?__ b. 1806 in TN
7. Jeptha (Jefferson) Tallent b. 1811 in TN - d. after 1880 in Monroe County, TNHe married Elizabeth Ann Clift
6. Lot Tallent b. 1779 in Anson County, NC - d. Dec. 1850 Hamilton County, TN.He married Rebecca Vanderford b. 1783 in NC - d. 3 Dec. 1853 Hamilton County, TN.
1. Sherwood A. Tallent b. ca. 1803 Lincoln County, NC - d. before 1932.He married 1 June 1826 in Roane County, TN to Barbara Smith.
2. Malachi Tallent b. ca. 1805 in NC - d. after 1840.He married Sara Miser b. 1810.
3. Rachel Tallent b. ca. 1807 in NC.She married Nathan Stone b. 1795 in SC.Resided Hamilton County, TN
4. Elizabeth "Betsy" Tallent b. 1 Mar. 1814 in TN - d. 27 Aug. 1903 near Nez Perce, Idaho.She married Elijah Mizer/Miser b. 25 Nov. 1811 in TN - d. Sept. 1865 near Joplin, MO.
5. Rebecca Tallent b. 1816 in Roane County, TN.She married George Esley b. ca. 1815 in TN.They moved to Benton County, AR.
6. William Patrick Tallant b. 23 Mar. 1818 in Roane County, TN - d. 22 Feb. 1864 Hamilton County, TN.He married 7 Nov. 1839 in Roane County, TN to Anna Eblen.
7. Polly (Mary) Ann Tallant b. ca. 1820 in TN
8. Wiley B. Tallant b. 1822 in Roane County, TN - d. 1896 in Hamilton County, TN.He married Adaline Watkins b. 1821 - d. 1896.