Descendants of:Michael Teahan
1. Michael Teahan b. Abt 1840, m. Bridget Mahony.
2. i Daniel Teahan b. May 20, 1864.
3. ii Miss. Teahan.
4. iii Mr. Teahan.
2. Daniel Teahan (1.Michael1) b. May 20, 1864, Glanbehy, Kerry, Ireland, m. Emma Kelleher, (daughter of Mr. Kelleher and Miss.?).
5. i Bridget Teahan b. 1884.
ii Abby Teahan m. John Griffin.2nd mother to Shikel, he would take his bike from school to visit with her as often as possible.For two weeks in the summer he lived with his aunt Abby and uncle John Griffin.They lived in Milltown, Kerry. John: of Milltown
6. iii Nellie Teahan.
7. iv Katheryn "Kit" Teahan.
3. Miss. Teahan (1.Michael1) m. Mr. Sheehan.13 children Mr.: 13 children
8. i Margaret Sheehan b. 1867.
9. ii Michael Sheehan.
10. iii Abby Sheehan.
iv Patrick Sheehan. emigrated to Canada, then to Brooklyn, New York.
v Catherine Sheehan m. Edward Moriarty.
4. Mr. Teahan (1.Michael1) m. Miss. ______.
11. i Katheryn (Kit) Teahan b. 1875.
5. Bridget Teahan (2.Daniel2, 1.Michael1) b. 1884, Cromane, Kerry, Ireland, m. John Timothy (Bobby) Griffin, b. Jan 8, 1875, Drombrane, Co. Kerry, Ireland, (son of Timothy (Thade) Griffin and Mary Griffin) d. Mar. 6, 1959, Drombrane, Glencar, Co. Kerry.Bridget died Aug 27, 1948, Glencar, Co Kerry, Ireland.John: The deed to the lands of Drombrane was transferred to Sean Griffin (son) on 18/6/1953, ref SOR/A.121/63, Griffin to Min. for Lands.The Chief State Solicitor, Dublin Castle, Dublin.John was about 6'2" tall and quite thin. At age 13 the British arrested and jailed John for 6 months for setting fire to the bush behind the Homestead.Although the 1901 census lists John as 26 years old, the civil birth records list his birth as Jan. 8, 1870, this would have made him 31 years old for the 1901 census.
i Timothy J. Griffin b. 1905, Kerry, Ireland, m. Christine (Chris) Murphy.Timothy died Jan 14, 2003, Brooklyn, New York.
ii Maureen (Molly) Griffin b. Feb. 12, 1907, m. Michael Monahan.Maureen died June 1, 1994.In the 1930 census of New York, we find Molly and her brother Tim listed as living in a two family house on 299 7th Ave, Brooklyn.Katherine Counihan was also living there.A cousin named Catherine Lynch and her daughter are also in this house.It has her as arriving in the US in 1911 at age 1. Michael: was in the army.
iii Patrick (Paugan) Griffin b. Apr. 17, 1909, d. Apr 10, 1996, Drombrane, Glencar, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
iv Daniel (Danlo) Griffin b. 1910, d. Abt 1925.
v Sheila Griffin b. 1912, m. Dan Luby.Sheila died 1940, New York, U.S.A.Died in childbirth, daughter survived and is in Brooklyn, New York.
vi Michael (Shikel) Brendan Griffin (details excluded), m. Elizabeth Monica Winifred Haugh, (details excluded), (daughter of James Haugh and Irene Martha Courtney).
vii John "Seanie" Griffin b. 1914, Drombrane, Glencar, Co. Kerry, m. Marie Sheehan, b. 1916, (daughter of Michael Sheehan and Elizabeth Margaret Teahan) d. Apr 11, 1997, Drombrane, Glencar, Kerry.John died June 16, 1997, Drombrane, Glencar, Co. Kerry.
viii Bridget (Bridie) Griffin (details excluded), m. Matthew (Matty) Moriarty.
ix Catherine Griffin b. 1917, Kerry, Ireland, d. 1924.
x Joseph Griffin b. 1919, m. Kitty _________.Joseph died May 9, 1960, England.died and was buried in Kensel Green Cemetery in London, England He had 4 children who live in England.
xi Deborah (Abby) Griffin (details excluded), m. Raymond Clements.
xii Joanna (Hannah) Griffin (details excluded), m. Bartholemu (Bat) Murphy.
xiii Nelly Griffin b. 1923, Kerry, Ireland, d. 1925.
6. Nellie Teahan (2.Daniel2, 1.Michael1) m. Pat O'Neil.
i Mikey O'Neil. of Milltown.Ran a drapery store in Killorglin.Shikel had his marriage suit made by Mikey O'Shea.
7. Katheryn "Kit" Teahan (2.Daniel2, 1.Michael1) m. A. Sedcore.A.: 173 Great North Rd.Wanganui, NZ
i Janice Sedcore m. Mr. Swartz.
8. Margaret Sheehan (3.Miss.2, 1.Michael1) b. 1867, m. Jeremiah W. Hayes, (son of Mr. Hayes and Miss. ______). Margaret died 1965.Jeremiah: famous football player in County Kerry in the 1920's and co-captain of the Irish football club "Laune Rangers". The Hayes family owned the bakeries in Killorglin.
i Daniel F. Hayes b. 1908, m. Miss. ______.Daniel died 1989.emigrated to New York City in 1926 with his sister Anna Marie.
ii Eileen Hayes. remained in Kerry, Ireland.
iii Anna Marie Hayes. emigrated to NYC in 1926.
9. Michael Sheehan (3.Miss.2, 1.Michael1) m. Elizabeth Margaret Teahan, d. 1925, Reen.Michael died 1925, Reen, Kerry, Ireland.
i Marie Sheehan b. 1916, m. John "Seanie" Griffin, b. 1914, Drombrane, Glencar, Co. Kerry, (son of John Timothy (Bobby) Griffin and Bridget Teahan) d. June 16, 1997, Drombrane, Glencar, Co. Kerry.Marie died Apr 11, 1997, Drombrane, Glencar, Kerry.
ii Helen Sheehan.
iii Lil Sheehan m. Thomas Tyrrell.Thomas: Billerough.
iv Daniel Sheehan.
v Jeremiah Sheehan.
vi Denis Sheehan.
vii Michael Sheehan.
10. Abby Sheehan (3.Miss.2, 1.Michael1) b. Reen, m. Michael Griffin, b. Clohane, Tralee.
i Hannah Griffin m. Mr. O'Brien, b. Castlemaine.
11. Katheryn (Kit) Teahan (4.Mr.2, 1.Michael1) b. 1875, Ireland, m. Timothy Charles Counihan.Arrived in USA in 1911 with Catherine (1 year old) and Bridget Marion (Greta), 4 months old.
i Catherine Counihan (details excluded).
ii Bridget Marion "Greta" Counihan (details excluded).
iii Mary Counihan.
iv John T. Counihan.
v Helen E. Counihan m. Mr. McInerney.
vi Morris Counihan.
vii Timothy Counihan.