Thanks for contacting me. email@example.com or 443-859-8639. Dave
1. WILLIAM THORP
2. JOHN THORP
3. SAMUEL THORP, w. 7/3/1714:sole executor of bro. John’s estate, Freehold, Monmouth Co. NJ; 8/16/1726: Sam’s will administered by widow Margaret
4. DAVID THORP born @ 1715-20’s, imm.1740, m. Mahalia Baldwin
5. BENJAMIN THORPb. 1745/1760(Historian William Armstrong cautions that “Benjamin Thorpe(1759), son of Abner, should NOT BE CONFUSED WITH Benjamin Thorpe (1745), son of a David Thorp who settled in the Monmouth Co. Area of New Jersey in 1740)”. THEORIES: There is a 50 year generation gap to fill in someone born @1770, who would in turn marry and have Nathan in 1794. OR David immigrated as a child in 1740, became an adult and didn’t marry until 1760 when he had Benjamin who only married once Sarah Lyons in 1784 and had Nathan in 1794.OR David is the same person as Abner, first and middle name. Our Benjamin’s are one in the same, born October 21, 1759. Abner’s Benjamin had a son Nathan who fits my dates. And that Nathan had a Albert Gallatin who fits my dates..
Benjamin was the administrator of his father's estate. He is spoken of as living in Newark, NJ.
m. (1) ABIGAIL LIPPINCOTT;
m. (2) 11/22/1784/7 SARAH LYON, Westfield Presbyterian Church, Westfield, NJ; b. November Newark, where he lived, is close to Westfield, where he married Sarah Lyon. Benjamin's first wife must have been Sarah Lyon. Not only did the date of their marriage in 1787 fit perfectly with birthdates of their children, but the fact that a son was named "Daniel Lyon" was revealing. 08, 1766, Essex, New Jersey. Sarah Lyon's family tree goes back to Joseph FitzRandolph (1 Mar 1656, Barnstable, MA) and Joanna Conger 1 Aug 1670, Woodbridge, NJ.
61. Nathan b. 1 Apr 1794, m. Dec 1822 Harriet Louisa Primrose, d. 28 Dec 1868
65. Daniel Lyon was born Dec 5, 1810 at Short Hills, NJ (according to Monmouth Co. Historical Society Notes), died Aug 10, 1867 in New York City. He had a general store for years in Owasso, Michigan & married 1849 Maria Louisa Ingersoll at Detroit, Michigan, in St. Paul's Church. He had a number of Children - one of whom is Albert Ingersoll Thorpe b. 1869. Lived at Parsippany, NJ. According to researcher Cindy Graham, you can find D. Lyon Thorpe on the 1850 census for Shiawassee Co., Michigan, born NJ, wife born NY.
Benjamin died August 25, 1814: From a note provided by the Monmouth Historical Society, from the will of Benjamin Thorpe, dated Nov 3, 1814. Proved Dec 10, 1814. "Begins thus - To my two sons James and Nathan - parcels of land containing 17 1/2 A., 40 A. And 26 A. The last including 24 A. Of land purchased of the administrator of William Edgar (deceased). To daughter Hester and Elizabeth and two other sons Albert and Daniel Lyon Thorp 83 A. Divided evenly."
6. NATHAN THORP b. 1 Apr 1794 New Jersey, m. Dec 1822 Harriet Louisa Primrose, dau. John and Rachel Primrose, in New York City, d. 28 Dec 1868 New Brunswick, NJ
7. ALBERT GALLATIN THORP, SR was born 27 Feb 1824 in South Orange, NJ, died 28 Jun 1902 in New York City. He married 16 Oct 1856 MARY SOPHIA LELAND in Philadelphia, PA. (dau. of Charles Leland and Charlotte Frost Godfrey 16 October 1856 in Philadelphia, PA,
i. HENRY HERBERT THORP, b. South Orange, NJ.
ii. CHARLOTTE GODFREY THORP, b. Abt. 1857, South Orange, NJ.
iii. CHARLES LELAND THORP. b. Abt. 1858. South Orange, NJ.
iv. ALBERT GALLATIN THORP, JR. b. Abt. 1859, South Orange, NJ.
v. NATHAN HOWARD THORP, b. Abt. 1862, South Orange, NJ
Nathan Howard Thorp was born on east 22nd St in new York city on June 10,1867 the son of Albert Gallatin Thorp, a well connected lawyer, who uncle Hon.George Brown Thorp, And Col John Brown Thorp where master masons,who had their hand in running the city government,had real estate, owned a hotel on Broadway and many other enterprises .Jack went to Princeton for engineering but got bored and quit after three years. He went to New Mexico to work with cousin Frank Underwood. In Kingston New Mexico .I don't want to be a pain in the rear so if I don't hear from you I'll stop sending you this stuff. But I must say that researching this,hasfilled in a lot of gaps .Ps I know about the money problems.
vi. MARY LELAND THORP, b. 31 August 1865, South Orange, NJ; d. 1
October 1951. New York City, m. Robert Gordon Butler. See Butler line.
vii. ALICE ELLIOTT THORP, b. Abt. 1867, South Orange, NJ.
viii. EMILY LELAND THORP, b. Abt. 1869, South Orange, NJ