I'm looking for info in Albert James Hodgkinson, born 14 Nov 1884. He was born in Tixall, Staffordshire, England, and married Edith Emma Bagnall (B:1887). They had 2 boys named Albert Edward B:1911, and Frederick William B: 1914, born in Derby. He died in WW1,25 Jan 1917, in Dieppe,Seine-Maritime, France.
His father was Edward Hodgkisson, born in 1844, Carlton, Leicester, England. His mother was Mary TONKS, born 1844, Ratcliffe Cuely, Leicester, England. She died before 1901. They were married in Sep 1866, Atherstone, Leicestershire, England.
Albert's siblings were:
1. Edward Hodgkisson, B: 1866, Ratcliffe Cuely, Leicester, England
2. Charles Frederick Hodgkisson, B:1869, Ratcliffe Cuely, Leicester, England
3. Sarah J Hodgkisson, B: 1871, Broncote, Stafford, England
4. Abraham D Hodgkisson, B: 1876, Gt Haywood, Stafford, England
5. Mary H Hodgkisson, B: 1878, Gt Haywood, Stafford, England
In the 1881 and 1901 census, their last name is listed as Hodgkisson, but Albert James has his last name as Hodgkinson in his war records. So I thought that maybe a mistake was made somewhere along the line and they never corrected it.