To All on Message Board,
A Mr. king sent me an email Oct 15, 2001 here's it's contents:
Based on the given names in this family, I'd say there is a good chance that they are descendants of the Dress/Tress/Trace
family of Berks Co., PA.Here's what I have on the Berks Co. Traces.Let me know if you can find a tie in somewhere.
Conrad Dress, b. 1728 in Wuerttemberg, Germany, immigrated 1746 on ship Ann Galley, d. about 1790 in Berks Co., PA.He
married Catharina Schuester.Their children were:
1) Dewalt (Theobald) Trace, b. about 1750 in Berks Co., PA, d. 1790 in Berks Co., PA.He married Elisabetha Carl, and their
children are listed below.
2) John Trace, b. about 1756 in Berks Co., PA
3) Mathias Trace, b. about 1757 in Berks Co., PA.He went to western PA, and I believe (but am not sure) that he is the
Mathias Trace who is in Washington Co., PA, in 1810.I can't remember where he was in 1790, but it might have been
Franklin Co.Worth checking on.
4) George Trace, b. about 1759 in Berks Co., PA.I believe he was still in Berks Co. in 1810.
5) Elizabeth Trace, b. about 1761 in Berks Co., PA
6) Michael Trace, b. about 1762 in Berks Co., PA.I believe he was still in Berks Co. in 1810 as well.
Children of Dewalt (Theobald) Trace and Elisabetha Carl.
1) Catherine Trace, m. Peter Brown.They went to Crawford Co., PA, where both died.
2) George Trace, m. Dorothy Sherria.They went to Crawford Co., PA, and both died there.
3) John Trace, m. Mary Miller.They went to Crawford Co., PA, and both died there.
4) Elizabeth Trace, m. Daniel Maier.
5) Abraham Trace of Berks Co., PA.
6) Jacob Trace, m. Catherine Faust.They also went to Crawford Co., PA, and both died there.
I hope this helps.As you can see, George, John, and Jacob are common names in this family.
Have a new email address wich you can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
p.s. Old genealogist don't loose their mind, they just loose their Census.