(VI) Ezra (2) seventh child and third son of Deacon Ezra (1) and Susanna (Rice) Twitchell, was born November 24, 1781 and died 1874. He was a farmer and mason, and lived on the north side of the Androscoggin River, below Mayville. He married Betsey Coffin. Their children were: Daniel, Alphin, Nancy, Cynthia, Abiah, Samuel (died young), Samuel Birge, Richard Eastman, Betsey Chapman, and Lucian.
(VII) Alphin, second son and child of Ezra (2) and Betsey (Coffin) Twitchell, was born in Bethel, December 27, 1804.He lived near Mayville, was an active business man, abd dealer in cattle, often in town office, a good citizen and highly respected. He married Roxanna A. Twitchell, his cousin, who was born December 20, 1816 and died Septemer 15, 1892, daughter of Thaddeus and Betsey (Barker) Twitchell. They had seven children:
1. Adelbert B., Born December 14, 1836, was an offiver in the Seventh Battery in the Civil War; married Marietta Northrup, and had three children: Richard, Adelbert B., married Catherine Mead, and Henry F., married Leslie Wells; two sons: John born October 1903, and David, 1908.
2. Adeltha, April 13, 1840, married Colenel Benjamin Thompson, of Minneapolis, and had two children: Howard and Harry.
3. Amelia J., September 2, 1842, married Major John M. Gould, and had three children: Annie A., missionary in China and killed durring the Boxer trouble in that country; Oliver C., and Theodore.
4. Adelia B., died in infancy.
5. Mary Ella, April 23, 1849, married Edward C. Chamberlain, of Bethel, and has three children: Beulah, Albert, and Alice.
6. Herbert F., mentioned below.
7. Clara F., May 25, 1864, married Horatio N. Upton, of Bethel.