Descendants of Thomas J. Wallace, Jr.
All the information I forward here was from a later dated September 6, & October 18, 1939 from John Claudius “Jack” Wallace to my Great grandmother Annie Gertrude Irwin Huston regarding her inquiry about the family history.The original letter is in the possession on my mother Mary Louise Huston Liston.Signed: Kimberly Huston Baldwin 10/19/99
Generation No. 1
1.THOMAS J.2 WALLACE, JR.(THOMAS1) was born January 06, 1806 in Rethcool, Have spelling as Rathcool County Cork, Ireland, and died Abt. 1888.16 May 1888He married ELIZABETH ANN CONKLIN April 03, 1850 (1848) in St. Patrick Catholic Church, Garryowen, Jackson County, Iowa, daughter of WILLIAM James CONKLIN(Jr.) and EASTER Madline ACKLEY.She was born September 05, 1831 in Monroe County, Ohio, and died August 11, 1917 in Dubuque, Dubuque County, Iowa.
Notes for ELIZABETH ANN CONKLIN:
surname could also be Conklin. Spelled both ways on different records.
Children of THOMAS WALLACE and ELIZABETH CONKLIN are:
2. i. JOHN “Jack”CLAUDIS WALLACE, b. February 16, 1851, Iowa; d. May 1947.
3. ii. ESTHER A.Anglin WALLACE, b. July 03, 1852; d. December 25, 1902.
4. iii. THOMAS J. WALLACE, b. April 28, 1854; d. May 16, 1893b. 1953, and d. 1894
5. iv. DAVID JOSEPH WALLACE, b. November 05, 1855; d. January 29, 1927.
v. RICHARD WILLIAM WALLACE, b. February 27, 1857.I have b. Feb 02, 1857, never married worked for railroad, last address Dubuque IA,
vi. DENNIS M.L. WALLACE, b. February 04, 1859. d. 16 Aug. 1936 never married
vii. JAMES M. WALLACE, b. December 30, 1860; m. (1) UNKNOWN; m. (2) MARY LENNEHAN, Ireland.1st marriage to Mary Cohn. Died 1893 in Hennesy OK, 2nd marriage to Mary Denahy ( eight children)
6. viii. MARY M. WALLACE, b. November 12, 1862; d. July 31, 1927. m. JJ Edwards (three children)
ix. JULIA A.”Julie”WALLACE, b. September 05, 1864; B. Sept 4, 1864; d. June 4, 1928 in Zion IL, buried in No. Buena Vista, Clayton Co. IA.; m. SEMOUR BRONSON.(also spelled Semmer) (nine children)
Marriage Notes for JULIA WALLACE and SEMOUR BRONSON:
7. x. FRANK PATRICK WALLACE, b. March 15, 1867; d. March 18, 1920.; M. Nelly Crowly (eight children)
xi. MARTHA E. WALLACE, b. August 22, 1870 or 12 Nov 1872 ; d. or November October 15, 1893; m. ENOCH WALSH.(one child)
xii. NELLIE JANE WALLACE, b. July 25, 1873 or 1874; d. February 07, 1911; m. ENOCH WALSH.(nine children)
Generation No. 2
2.JOHN CLAUDIS3 WALLACE (THOMAS J.2, THOMAS1) was born February 16, 1851 in Iowa, and died May 1947.He married MARY JANE EDWARDS September 20, 1877, daughter of JEFFERSON EDWARDS and LOUISE COCKRELL.She was born March 29, 1862, and died October 1945 in Zion, Lake County,Illinois.
Children of JOHN WALLACE and MARY EDWARDS are:
i. THOMAS JEFFERSON4 WALLACE, b. July 31, 1878; m. (1) MYTRLE DARLING; m. (2) CARLATEA. His father states,”Tom went to harvest in Dakota in August 1896, we have never seen him since.He has been a sailor on the Atlantic and Pacific.He has been a breakman & a fireman on the Great Northern between Duluth, Minn and White Fish No. Dakota.Lost for a long time, he now lives at Somes Bar, CA on his wife’s place.”
ii. JOHN H. WALLACE, b. September 15, 1880; d. May 05, 1888; Correctionville,IA
8. iii. JAMES ALEXANDER WALLACE, b. October 31, 1882in Correctionville,IA ; M. Betty Robinson(4 children, Bessie, Johney, James & Robert)
9. iv. LOUISA JANE WALLACE, b. January 09, 1884.;m.T.H. Joy Waukegan, IL (three children, Lila, Minnie & Dorisn) Joy killed in a wreck 12/29/1920. Louise remarried Walter Edwards.
v. ANNIE EVANGELINE WALLACE, b. January 24, 1885; d. January 15, 1919. died from flu
10. vi. CATHERINE MARIAH “Minnie” WALLACE, b. April 17, 1887; d. October 24, 1924.; m. S. A. Ellis (five children, George, Mary, Murial, Harrold, Dorthy)
11. vii. FRANCIS CLEVELAND WALLACE, b. October 05, 1888; d. June 1983, Vero Bleach, Florida.m. Tillie Johnson (five children, Mary, Tom, Joe, Frances & Ruth)Mary married Bob Hunter Children Joyce Ann & Robert Bruce.
12. viii. MARY CELESTE WALLACE, b. June 17, 1890; d. November 28, 1970, Sebastion, Florida. ;m. Tom Higgins (one child, Velma) ( Mary remarried Authur Main Thompson of Anthon IA Two children Vivian & AM, Jr.)
13. ix. AGNES (Agness) VIOLA WALLACE, b. March 29, 1893. ; m. Eugene Klawann (five children, Homer, Helen, Jackey, Mary & Joy)
x. JERRY WALLACE, b. November 25, 1893; d. Abt. 1894.
xi. THEORDORE WALLACE, b. July 15, 1895; d. Abt. 1896.
xii. UNKNOWN WALLACE, b. August 11, 1896; d. August 11, 1896.
xiii. UNKNOWN WALLACE, b. August 11, 1896; d. August 11, 1896.
14. xiv. Ellen “NELLIE” EVELYN WALLACE, b. October 28, 1897; d. February 17, 1982.; m. F. L. Smith (two children, John & May, May married Clarke Brookes and had Marion; Marion married Raymond Griffith and had one child, Ray Jr.)
15. xv. ERMA ALFRETTA MELISSA WALLACE, b. August 16, 1898. m. August Jahnke (three children, William, Dorthy & Mike)
xvi. JOSEPH WALLACE, b. March 15, 1900; d. Abt. 1901.
xvii. UNKNOWN TWIN WALLACE, b. October 22, 1901; d. October 22, 1901.
xviii. UNKNOWN TWIN WALLACE, b. October 22, 1901; d. October 22, 1901.
16. xix. ESTHER MARGARET WALLACE, b. October 02, 1902, Zion, Lake County,Illinois; d. April 04, 1982, Vero Bleach, Florida. ; m. Harley Edwards (one child, Norman)
17. xx. RUTH ANGELINE WALLACE, b. December 10, 1904, Zion, Lake County, Illinois. ;d. May 07, 1936; m. William Cudahy (five children, Willie, Jimmy, Ruthey, Jackey & Donnie)
Jack states in letter the birth of the nineteen children( listed above) to him and Mary “but six died young”.
3.ESTHER A.3 WALLACE (THOMAS J.2, THOMAS1) was born July 03, 1852 (or 1853 in Otter Creek IA), and died December 25, (26th)1902 or1903 Holy Cross IA.She married ROBERT K. IRWIN March 01, 1872 (Sept. 20,1877) Robert K. Irwin b. Dec. 05, 1852 Kent City, MI .He died Abt. 1927. :d. 18 Mar 1918 in Cadott, WI.Robert was a farmer.His parents were Jonathon Irwin and Mary Laylock Irwin.His grandparents were Samuel & Julia Palmer Irwin.After Esther’s death, Robert remarried Laura Bung. Sources: Irwin Family History Grand Rapids MI, Library, Land deeds,family records of Leslie Irwin, family Bible of Anna Gertrude Irwin Huston.
Children of ESTHER WALLACE and ROBERT IRWIN are:
i. UNKNOWN4 IRWIN.Mary Josephean; b. 28 jul 1872, Markoqueta, Jackson Co. (IA or MI?); d. 1952 Washington State; m. Michael Piper
ii. UNKNOWN IRWIN. Anna Gertrude (Elizabeth); b. 24 dec 1873 d. 1972 Wis. Married Wm. Huston (four children, Gertrude, Charles, Marjorie, Rachel, Thomas John who d.May 04, 1903 at birth)also Joseph unconfirmed.
iii. UNKNOWN IRWIN . John Thomas or Thomas John b. 20 nov1875 m. Agnes Kennedy
iv. UNKNOWN IRWIN.Robert Bruce b. 20 dec 1877, d. age 17
v. UNKNOWN IRWIN.Julia J. b. 27 Jan 1879 m. John Secraw
vi. UNKNOWN IRWIN. Dennis William b. 26 Feb 1881, No. Buena Vista, Clayton Co. IA, m. Ada Beaulieu
vii. UNKNOWN IRWIN. Martin Ambrose b. 18 Feb 1883
viii. UNKNOWN IRWIN. Twins – both died in infancy
ix. UNKNOWN IRWIN. Jonathon Jerome b. 17 Dec 1887
x. UNKNOWN IRWIN. Jerimiah Francis b. 21 Apl 1889, Chippewa Falls, Chippewa Co. WIm. Virginia ?
xi. UNKNOWN IRWIN. Delia Alice b. 24 Oct 1891 m. Vane Beaulieu
xii. UNKNOWN IRWIN. James P. b. 20 Sept 1893, Sumner Co. (IA or WI?)
xiii. UNKNOWN IRWIN. Martha Ellen b. 30 Oct 1885 m. William Crowley
xiv. UNKNOWN IRWIN. Cleaveland b. 30 Oct 1896
David Perry b. 05 Apl 1897 m. 1) Nellie Bung 2)Julia Secore