Circuit Court Records for Hawkins County, Tennessee, April 1836 term, show that the state filed charges against John J. Wallen for "Lewdness and Adultry" with a married woman, Prudy Pratt. He was found guilty of adultry. According to divorce papers filed by his wife, Elizabeth, the adulterous relationship had continued for six years.John J. Wallen was divorced by first wife Elizabeth on March 14, 1837 (Hawkins County, Tennessee Circuit Court Minutes 1837-1851, page 21-23).John J. Wallen married Prudy Pratt and moved to Kentucky.John J. Wallen and wife Prudy are found on the 1850 census of Floyd County, Kentucky, Family # 358 (archive).Information on John J. Wallen and Prudy's children is from this census.
Children of John J. Wallen and Prudy Pratt are:
1. John Wallen born about 1835, Hawkins County, Tennessee
2. William Wallen, born about 1836, Hawkins County, Tennessee
3. Mary Wallen, born about1838
4. Matilda Wallen, born about 1840
5. James Wallen, born about 1841
6. Pleasant Wallen, born about 1844
7. Mourning Wallen, born about 1846
8. Henry Wallen, born about 1847
9. Sarah Wallen, born about 1849
Is anyone descended from one of these children who could give me information about them?