from the book "Charles Wellons of Johnston County, North Carolina" by V. Mayo Bundy:
1. John and Annanmariah Wellons (1706-1778)
2. John Wellons, b. Oct. 19, 1725, d. ca 1790 m. Mary (Bailey).
3. Benjamin Wellons b. Southampton Va. and d. ca. 1799 in Smithfield, N.C. He married on Feb. 26, 1783, Lucretia Clark. They moved to Johnston Co. in 1791. He served with a Virginia Regiment in the Revolutionary War. They had 7 children and they are named in her widow's dower paper. They are buried on the old Wellons Plantation.
4. Zachariah Wellons d. Oct 20, 1853. m. (Feb. 6, 1817) Lizzie Locket. He is buried in the Wellons Cemetery by his father.
5. Benjamin Wellons, d. May 25, 1905, buried in Smithfield City Cemetery, m. 1st a Miss Barnes from Wayne Co. (4 children). Record of 2nd marriage not found.