I recently purchased the subject set of 8 black and white photos.I was able to identify the family from their captions.Some of the photos bear the initials "EMW" (Esther M. Wightman).
1. 1919 RPPC (Real Photo Postcard) (not postally used) of an infant, identified on the back:
"Margaret Rose Wightman, nine mos. old.
Born Sept. 13, 1918.
2. Circa 1925 snapshot of a toddler, identified on the back;
"Agnes Alene Wightman
1 year old.
3. 1937 snapshot of 2 men, 3 women, 4 girls, and a dog, identified on the back:
"Taken early morn. of July 1st 37.
as we were ready to leave
Mansfields. The little girl is
Blanche's, and Ella June Mansfield
is next to me."
4. Circa 1930s snapshot of a man, identified on the back:
5. 1939 snapshot of 2 young women, identified on the back:
"Santa Rosa, Calif. June-39
Helen & Beverly-graduates
6. 1940 snapshot of a man, a woman, and 4 young women, identified on the back:
"Olive took this with
Margaret's kodak on
Mother's Day - May 12-40.
'The wightman Family.' "
7. 1940 snapshot of a woman, identified on the back:
"Esther M. Wightman (46 yrs)
Olive took this while with
us on her vacation May-1940."
8. Circa 1940 snapshot of a man, a woman, and 4 young women, identified on the back:
"Taken on 105 Ave - Oakland when
we visited Vis family, while we
lived in Kelseyville."
Esther M. Berg, born 9 Feb 1894 in MN, died 8 Jul 1969 in Lake Co., CA, was the daughter of a Swedish immigrant farming couple, Nels Berg (1864-1950) (immigrated 1883), and Adeline Sofia Johnson (1866-1917) (immigrated 1886).Esther had 9 brothers and sisters. This family is listed in the 1900 and 1910 Census data for Viking Township, Marshall Co., MN.
In 1917, Esther married a farmer, Raymond F. Wightman, born 6 Nov. 1894 in Fort Seldon, NM, died 21 Dec 1968 in Lake Co., CA.They are listed in the 1920 Census data for Brawley Township, Rockwood Precinct, Imperial Co., CA; and the 1930 Census data for Calipatria Township (West of the Southern Pacific Railroad), Imperial Co., CA.Raymond and Esther had 4 daughters:
-Margaret R. Wightman, born 13 Sep 1918 in Stanislaus Co., CA.
-Helen M. Wightman, born 14 Mar 1921 in Orange Co., CA, died 21 Nov 1980 in Lake Co., CA.She married a Mr. Rogers, given name unknown.
-Agnes A. Wightman, born 14 May 1923 in Stanislaus Co., CA
-Beverly J. Whitman, born 1925 in CA.
Contact me for free scans.