I am wanting to find DAR members who qualified on the service of Patriot - Conrad Reuben Wilheit/Wilhoit orf other spellings.Conrad Reuben Wilheit is listed, but the line for daughter Elizabeth Wilhoit Talburt has not yet been proven.However, some lines are to have been proven.
I descend from:
John Robert Hargrave,Jr. and his wife Nancy Jane TALBURT who went to AR after they were married. Her parents were Frederick Benton Talburt andElizabeth Wilhoit, a daughter of Conrad.The Frederick Talburt , a widower probably at the time, had relocated to AR and so JOhn Robert Hargrave Jr. and his wife Nancy Jane also followed them there. John Robert Hargrave, Jr.was a son of John Robert Hargrave Sr. - also a listed patriot.
Children of JOHN HARGRAVE, Jr. and NANCY TALBURT are:
i. NINIAN WHITEAKER5 HARGRAVE, b. 15 Nov 1818, Union Co., IL; d. 03
2. ii. ELIZABETH HARGRAVE, b. 01 Jul 1820, Union Co., IL; d. 16 Jan
1902, Mt. Home, Baxter Co., AR.
3. iii. FREDRICK TALBURT HARGRAVE, b. 25 Oct 1821, Union Co., IL; d.
19 Aug 1888, Mt. Home, Baxter Co., AR Conley Cemetery; Stepchild.
4. iv. ROBERT BAKER HARGRAVE, b. 01 Nov 1823, Independance Co., AR;
d. 17 Feb 1900, Mt. Home, Baxter Co., AR.
5. v. CATHERINE HARGRAVE, b. 29 Nov 1825, AR; d. Aft. 1862, Norfork,
vi. JOHN ROBERT HARGRAVE, b. 21 Oct 1827, NC or AR; d. 12 Mar 1845,
Mt. Home, Baxter Co., AR.
6. vii. WALTER P. HARGRAVE, b. 09 Nov 1829, Izard Co., AR; d. 15 Jun
1903, Mt. Home, Baxter Co., AR buried in Conley Cemetery.
7. viii. NANCY JANE HARGRAVE, b. 21 Jul 1831, Izard Co., AR; d. 09
Aug 1877, Norfork, AR.
8. ix. SIMEON W. HARGRAVE, b. 07 Jun 1833, Izard Co., AR; d. Mar
1891, Mt. Home, Baxter Co., AR.
Sarah L. HARGRAVE, sister to John Robert Hargrave Jr.,was married to Frederick Benton Talburt, Jr. also came to the AR area and would have descendants that might have applied for DAR on either the Hargrave or Talburt service.
Some of those children were:
Samuel Hargrave Talburt
John Jackson Talburt
Thomas Simeon Talburt
John Robert HARGRAVE, Sr. and his wife Katharine McNeal
i. CHRISTINA3 HARGRAVE, b. 1786; m. ANTHONY MORGAN.
ii. NANCY HARGRAVE, b. 1787; m. JOSEPH PALMER.
iii. LYDIA HARGRAVE, b. 1788; m. DAVID ARNOLD.
iv. KATHERINE HARGRAVE, b. 1789; m. JOHN WHITTAKER.
v. SARAH L HARGRAVE, b. 1790; m. FREDERICK TALBERT.
vi. ROBERT HARGRAVE, b. 1792; m. KATHERINE HUNSAKER.
vii. ELIZABETH HARGRAVE, b. 1792; m. LOT ARNOLD.
3. viii. JOHN JR HARGRAVE, b. 06 Jun 1797, North Carolina; d. 23 Dec 1856, Mt Home AR married Nancy Jane TALBURT
ix. PHILLIP HARGRAVE, b. 1799; m. NANCY HUSKY.
x. MARY HARGRAVE, b. 1800, Logan County, Kentucky; m. ISSAC TINSLEY.
Thank you, Dorothy Boyntondbton@yahoo.com