Mathias Ulm b.1684 in Karlsruhe, Baden, Germany d.WFT Est. 1703-1774 in Morgan Co., West Virginia or Lancaster Co., Penn. I only know of Jacob and I do not know who he was married to. Mathias also had a brother Adam Ulm
Jacob Woolam b.Bet. 1710 - 1715 in Berkeley Co., ( West ) Virginia d.Bef. November 17, 1778 in Berkeley Co., ( West ) Virginia m.Maria Magdalina Boeshaarin 1744 in Earl Twp., Lancaster Co., Penn. b.1721 in Ulster Co., New York d.1788 in Berkeley Co., ( West ) Virginia They had 12 Children. They also had a Hannah She was born in 1760. I have the names if you would like. Maria's parents were:
Johann George Boeshaar b.1694 in Zweibrucken, Rhineland Germany d.Abt. 1734 in Earl Twp., Lancaster Co., Penn m.Maria Elisabeth Wennerich August 7, 1716 in Kingston, Ulster Co., New York b.Abt. 1694 in Edickheim, Germany d.WFT Est. 1724-1788 in Pennsylvania
Children of Jacob Woolam and Maria Magdalena Boshaarin:
1. Johann Balzar/Balser Woolam, b. 1745, m. Mary Magdalena Weaver.See below.
[Johann Balser Woolam b.November 24, 1745 in New Holland, Lancaster Co., Pennsylvania d.November 22, 1823 in St. Claire Twp., Columbiana Co., Ohio
Mary Magdalena Weaver January 31, 1770 in Morgan Co., West Virginia b.January 31, 1752 in Lancaster Co., Pennsylvania d.September 20, 1842 in St. Claire Twp., Columbiana Co., Ohio. Mary's parents were:
Christopher Weaver and Elizabeth ?
Children were: 1.John Woolam b.December 4, 1772 2.Mary Magdalena Woolam b.1773 3.Elizabeth Woolam b.1774 4.Benjamin Woolam b.April 19, 1775 5.Henry Woolam b.Sept. 15, 1777 6.Joseph Woolam b.June 21, 1778 7.Sarah Woolam b.1782 8.William Woolam b.1784 9.Susan Woolam b.1787 10.Hannah Woolam b.1790 11.Daniel Woolam b.1792 12.Jacob Andrew Woolam b.Dec. 7, 1792]
2. Mathias Woolam b. 1747, m. Margaret
3. Peter Woolam b. 1749, m. Margaret
4. Maria Magdalena Woolam, b. 1754, m. John Morrisey/Morsey
5. Daniel Ulam/Woolam, b. 1757, m. Catherine Wolff
6. John Woolam, b. 1758;This could be John Andrew Woolum, the progenitor of the Knox Co., Ky, line, m. Ursley Woodard in Greene Co., Tennessee.
7. Shem/Samuel Woolam, b. 1760, m. Hannah
8. Wendle Woolam, b. 1761, m. Sophia
9. Jacob Ollom/Wollam, Jr., b. 1761, m. 1) Mary and 2) Sarah Ann Hawkenbury.
10. Maria Juliana Woolam, b. 1763, m. Jacob Shillengood/Shilling.
11. Hannah Woolam, b. 1760-1765, Never married.
12. Sarah Woolam, b.ca. 1766.
who Married Ursley Woodard.
Marriage Bond Greene Co. Tn. No. 157.
We Andrew Woolum and Samuel Woodard are bound to His Excellency, Samuel Johnson, Esqr.
and to His Succession in Office in the Sum of Four
Hundred Pounds. to be Void on condition
if there be no just cause or Lawful Impediment to
Obstruct this Marriage of Andrew Woolum to Ussley Woodard
Seals the 5th Day of October 1789.
Test Dan Kennedy Segle. Signed Andrew Ullom(Seal) Samuel
Wooddard(Seal) Note. Ullom is signed by Andrew Woolum.
Woolum Comes from Ullom and it's German.
Urstey went to VA then KY with her Husband Andrew wolluum. Samuel woodard was in the 1791 & 1792 tax lists of Green co. Tn
Andrew Woolum b. 1758, d. 1818 Knox Co., KY
m. 5 Oct 1789, Greene Co., Tn, Ursley Woodard, b. 1769, d. after 1850, dau. of Samuel Woodard.Andrew signed the marriage bond Andrew Ullom, indicating he was of German descent.Note that Ursley Woodard is spelled Ussley Woodard on the marriage bond.
Children of Andrew Woolum and Ursley Woodard.8 children.
1. James L. Woolum, b. 1790 Va. m. 1813, Mary Polly Ward.
2. John Woolum, b. 1794, a twin.
3. Elizabeth Woolum, b. 1794, a twin.
4. Rebecca Woolum, b. 1796.
5. Jacob Woolum, b. 1798. m. Sarah Eunice Hughes.
6. Samuel Woolum, b. 1800.
7. Mary Woolum, b. 1807.
8. Sallie Woolum, m. 1st, 1830, Harlan co. Barnabus Idol, m. 2nd William Moore.
Most of my research is on James L. Woolum and Jacob Woolum.