The existence of Lady Clothilde, wife of Jacques Zeller / Sellaire is hotly debated. I have found no reputable evidence that she existed other than undocumented claims in a variety of books and internet posts. Over the next few years I may have opportunities to track town various leads, and rather then begin from scratch, I have some questions:
1. I have heard claims that she died January 14, 1748/49, Old Lutheran Burial Ground Stouchburg, PA. What Evidence exists that that is true? Any documents? Has anyone actually seen her grave and it marker? Or is this just an oft-repeated rumor or fiction?
2. The records of Governor George Hunter of New York (Hunter Subsistence Lists July 1710 and following)show Johann Heinrich Zeller (her son?). Has anyone ever found other records showing her in New York or afterwards in PA?
3. Records were kept in England re many emigrants. To you knowledge, have any been searched for her and her family? Such records include: (a) arrival and departure of many emigrants (b) Church records (c) Various food and allotment records.
4. Have any attempts been made to search records in Holland, where they reportedly spent some time?
5. Have any church or other records been searched in Zweibrucken Germany where Clotilde and Jacques were reportedly married?
4. Anyone have any clues re records that have been, or could be, searched?