I think my mother's Zellers relatives must have made a regular career out of dodging the census taker! Any additional information and/or family connections would be gratefully appreciated.
Franklin "Frank" Zellers was born 15 May, 1846 in Pennsylvania and died 8 May, 1917 in Noble Co., IN. Catherine "Kate" Richter/Richey Zellers was born 1 January, 1858 in Ohio and died 27 December, 1908 in Noble CO., IN. Their children were:
1. Elizabeth Emma Zellers, born 1878 in Monroeville, Huron Co., OH, died 1947 in Noble Co., IN. Married Samuel Arthur TOCHTERMAN 23 April, 1908 in Noble Co., IN, divorced 16 June, 1917, no issue.
2. Gust J. Zellers, born 20 September, 1881 in Monroeville, Huron Co., OH, died 1952 in Indiana, appears to have never married.
3. Otis Lewis "Ott" Zellers, born 21 September, 1884 in Monroeville, Huron Co., OH, died 27 November, 1975 in Noble Co.., IN. Married Clara Marie KURTZ 1 October, 1908 in Albion, Noble Co., IN. They had three children three children: Otis L. Zellers, Harold Robert "Robert" Zellers and Evelyn A. Zellers.
4. Cora E. Zellers, born 1886 in Monroeville, Huron Co., IN; died 1964 in Indiana. Married Gust Matt GOEPP/GIPP. They had one known child: Etta A. Goepp, 1916-1993 and there may be others.
5. Carl G. Zellers, born 1894 in Monroeville, Huron Co., OH; died 9 October, 1940 in Noble Co., IN. Appears to have never married.
6. Flossie Zellers, born 1 July, 1898 at Payne, Paulding Co., OH; died 10 December, 1970 in Indiana. Never married.
The persons cited above, with the possible exeption of Gust Goepp, lie buried in Lake View Cemetery, Kendallville, Noble Co., IN. Frank Zellers' grave has a GAR marker.
Kate Richter/Richey Zellers was my maternal grandfather's half sister.