What the ancestors of Jacob Zike (Zeuch), * Dec.7.1750 in Niederdünzebach, Germany, did for a living:
1. Andreas Zeuch, * around 1500 He was in 1529 habitant and farmer in Aue. He had property there and payed for it 4 Albus and 4 Heller interest. He owned 5 acres of land "in der alten Werra" near Aue.
2. Baltzer Zeuch, * around 1525 He was mayor of Niederdünzebach.
3. Christoffel Zeuch, * around 1550 He was farmer in Niederd., had property there in 1606 to the amount of 25 Gulden and had to pay for it interest ("Türkensteuer").Perhaps he lived together with his brother in the same house.
4. Claus Zeuch, * around 1590 He was farmer in Niederd.
5. Caspar Zich, * in 1632 Lived perhaps in house number 54 in Niederd.
6. Johannes Zich, * 01.Okt.1658 He was farmer and lay assessor in Niederd. in 1721. He lived in house number 54.
7. Jacob Zeuch, * 12.Feb.1688 He was a farmer and "Kastenmeister" in Niederd. Had in 1736 1 house, 8 acres, 2 cows, 7 sheep and 3 pigs. He lived in 1750 in house number 54.
8. Johannes Zeuch, * 12.July 1716 He was farmer, blacksmith and day-laborer in Niederd. He lived in 1768/1772 in house number 66.
9. Jacob Zeuch, * 7.Dec. 1750 Came to the USA in 1775. Soldier there in the Civil War.