My Genealogy Home Page:Information about James Alcorn
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
James Alcorn (b. 1731, d. March 15, 1781)James Alcorn (son of James Alcorn and Mary Ann Stines) was born 1731 in Virginia, and died March 15, 1781 in Guilford Court House, North Carolina.He married Jane Mills on 1760 in Virginia.
Notes for James Alcorn:
Delanie Alcorn-Jones at email@example.com on RootsWeb.com provided the following information:
Military Service: 1780 at Montgomery County, Virginia
1759 Soldier in William Preston's Company of Rangers
July 6, 1778 deeded 143 acres of land off the James River at Looney's Creek
January 3, 1769 deeded 37.5 acres of land on Back Creek on James River
April 18, 1771 granted land in Tryon County, South Carolina
November 9, 1779 with wife Jenny deeded 180 acres on James River to Joseph Layman
April 4, 1780 sworn in as Deputy Sheriff of Montgomery County, Virginia
April 1780 warrant for 50 acres in Montgomery County, Virginia for French and Indian War service
"Cindy's Family Tree" owned by OHIOCLERK on Ancestry.com has James born in Nancy, Kentucky.
More About James Alcorn and Jane Mills:
Marriage: 1760, Virginia.
Children of James Alcorn and Jane Mills are:
- James Lusk Alcorn, b. Abt. 1760, d. 1830.
- George Alcorn, b. March 25, 1760, d. Aft. July 1829, Madison County, Kentucky.
- Elizabeth Alcorn, b. 1764, North Carolina.
- William Charles Alcorn, b. 1764, North Carolina.
- John Alcorn, b. June 05, 1766, Wyeth County, Virginia, d. March 09, 1829, Wilson County, Tennessee.
- Mary Alcorn, b. Abt. 1769.
- Nancy Alcorn, b. 1770.
- Jane Alcorn, b. 1774.
- Sarah Alcorn, b. Abt. 1779, d. 1884, Illinois.
- Margaret Mills Alcorn, b. October 28, 1781, d. August 01, 1860, Fayette County, Kentucky.