My great-great grandfather, Albert Burnett Anz, came from Germany (1870 U.S. Federal Census reports:Baden.1880 U.S. Federal Census reports:Saxony and the 1900, 1910 and 1920 U.S. Federal Census reports:Germany).He married Ida Pollock, daughter of Peter Pollock and Mary (unk), December 3, 1872, in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas. From this union came seven children: Peter, Albert Burnett Jr., Annie, William Jacob, Elizabeth Mary, August and John. It seems our family of Anz's settled in or around San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas.Other known places Albert Burnett Anz Sr. and Ida Pollock lived were:Eagle Pass, Maverick County, Texas, and Brackettville, Kinney County, Texas.
I am especially interested in any family that might have come over from Germany(Baden? / Saxony?) with my great-great grandfather. I do not have any information on Albert Burnett Anz's immediate family such as father, mother, or any siblings.Our family starts with the children born to him and Ida Pollock, with my great grandfather being Albert Burnertt Anz, Jr.
Please note that at one time in the census ANZ was picked up as AUZ.It has also been said that ANZ may have once been spelled ANTZ.
Surnames relative to this family are:Bommer, Brandt, Jones, Pollock, Ridd, Klaus, Danberry (?), Stowe.
I am looking for any information available, I will be glad to share what information that I have.
- Joseph Dakota(Joey) Gutierrez and mother (45 KB)
My nephew, Joseph Dakota (Joey) Gutierrez and his mother, Elizabeth Jennifer Ann Gutierrez.Joey is the son of my brother, John Kevin Anz.
- Albert Burnett Anz, Jr. (437 KB)
This is my great grandfather, Albert Burnett Anz, Jr. who was married to Nettie Stowe.
- Amber, Andrea (DiDi) and Crystina (Crysti) Doyle (64 KB)
My sister Sharron Kay Anz Doyle's three daughters:Amber, Andrea (DiDi) and Crystina (Crysti) Doyle.
- Archie Mikel Anz, Jr. (37 KB)
This is a great picture of my dad, Archie M. Anz, Jr., taken April 17, 1963.
- The Archie M. Anz, Jr. Family and their families! (60 KB)
The Archie M. Anz, Jr. Family taken in Arlington, Texas, around 1985.My brothers, Trey and John Anz and their families are missing.Sharron's husband's mom and dad and their niece are included.
- Archie Mikel Anz, Jr. (44 KB)
I love this one!This is my dad, Archie Mikel Anz, Jr., who designed his summer uniform while working for the Kendall County, Texas, Sheriff's Office.
- Albert Burnett Anz, Jr. and Nettie Stowe (116 KB)
This is my great grandparents, Albert Burnett Anz, Jr. and wife, Nettie Stowe.
- Archie Mikel Anz, Sr. (26 KB)
This is my grandfather, Archie Mikel Anz, Sr. taken when he was about 3 years old.He is the son of Albert B. Anz, Jr.
- Archie and Mil Anz with first granchild, Jean Anz (40 KB)
My grandparents, Archie and Mildred Anz, holding their first grandchild, ME!, Carolyn Jean Anz.I am the daughter of Archie Anz, Jr.
- Rose Katherine (Mickey) Heinsch Anz (369 KB)
This is one of my favorite pictures of my mom, Rose Katherine (Mickey) Heinsch Anz.
- Rick and Jean Gilmore (27 KB)
Rick and Jean Gilmore at a Christmas Party in 1992.
- Rick and Jean Gilmore and Leah Snively (801 KB)
Rick and I (Carolyn Jean Anz) had just married and had our first family photo taken with our daughter, Leah Tiffany Snively in 1983.
- Trey and Jessica Anz Wedding Picture (66 KB)
My handsome brother, Archie Mikel (Trey) Anz, III and his beautiful wife, Jessica Andre Garcia Jahnke on their wedding day March 17, 2001.
- The Archie Anz, Jr. Family at Yosemite Park (76 KB)
From left to right:Sharron, Jean, John, Mom, Trey and Karen Anz taken the summer of 1968 at Yosemite National Park.Dad's taking the picture.
- Ricky Gale Gilmore and wife, Carolyn Jean Anz (27 KB)
This is one of the church pictures taken of my husband, Rick Gilmore, and myself, Carolyn Jean Anz Gilmore in 2003.
- Archie Mikel Anz, Sr. and Mildred Emma Bommer (57 KB)
My grandparents, Archie Mikel (Papa) Anz, Sr. and Mildred Emma (Mil) Bommer.Papa is the son of Albert Burnett Anz, Jr.
- Dan and Sharron Doyle and daughters (87 KB)
My sister, Sharron Kay Anz Doyle, her husband, Daniel T. Doyle and two of their three daughters, Crysti and Amber Doyle.Their daughter Andrea (Didi) is missing.
- Archie Mikel Anz, Jr. and wife Rose K. Heinsch (69 KB)
My mom and dad, Archie Mikel Anz, Jr. and Rose Katherine Heinsch on their wedding day July 5, 1952.
- Mathew David Anz and "Brady" (42 KB)
My newphew, Mathew David (Mat) Anz and his beloved dog, Brady.Mat is the son of my brother, Archie Mikel (Trey) Anz, III.
- Karen Sue Anz and niece, Katherine S. Anz (29 KB)
My sister, Karen Sue Anz, and niece, Katherine (Kat) Sterling Anz.Kat is the daughter of my brother, John Kevin Anz.
- Jennifer Marie Anz (175 KB)
My niece, Jennifer Marie (Jennie) Anz.Jennie is the daughter of my brother, Archie Mikel (Trey) Anz, III.
- Archie Mikel (Mike) Anz, IV (28 KB)
My nephew, Archie Mikel (Mike) Anz, IV.Mike is the son of my brother Archie Mikel (Trey) Anz, III.Mike is in the Navy.
- Heather Jahnke and friend, Brennon (91 KB)
My niece, Heather Jahnke and her friend, Brennon at Heather's Senior Prom.Heather is the daughter of Archie Mikel (Trey) Anz, III.